Just wanted to let you guys know that my friend and landlord has rooms available for rent in his house here in Hanover which is next to where I live. (Depending on which room you take, they are either 4 or 500 dollars a month, utilities included).

We live in a beautiful part of towm completely surrounded by a nature preserve; we effectively have no immediate neighbors. The house is less than .5 from the A.T. and less than a fifteen minute walk to the center of town or campus.

This would be ideal for someone looking for a short-term place (like someone planning to hike later this year) or someone who wanted to stay longer. Month-to-month occupancy is OK provided you give 30 days notice and leave a security deposit.

Also, if anyone has useful carpentry, building, or related skills, the chance of some sort of work-for-stay arrangement exists.

Some of you have had the chance to see the property, either while you were hiking the Trail, or perhaps at another time, so many of you know what a nice place it is. We've always had hikers living on the property, and they seem to like it, too. Some have stayed for years!

If you're interested or have any questions, write me privately. Oh, and for those who are wondering, I WON'T be around from March til October, so if you're concerned about having me as a neighbor, not to worry!