WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default What's your favorite? hearty soup that revives your toes!

Hello,

You know when you go on a really long adventure and in the evening when you start seeing the beautiful sight of sunset or not-so-beautiful sight of cloudy sky and wonderful sound of raindrops falling on your tent. What would be your favorite meal?

Mine is a hearty soup. If I'm allowed, I would always cook myself some soup, sit in a semi-opened tent and listen to the rain.

That's almost perfect.

Got some rain songs for you to with that soup.

Simple soup made of miso, SOBA buckwheat noodles, some wakame or arame seaweed, peanuts, fresh crushed ginger, dried Shiitake mushrooms, packet of soy sauce, some sesame oil, fresh sprouts, and kale with some toasted sesame seeds on top. A very small 2 oz or so piece of Red Snapper or salmon or fresh caught Brook Trout or some Tofu cubes on top eaten with a humble heart, full go hope, with chopsticks with the broth for the end, some raindrops on the tarp, in the outdoors in a forest some where with a view, the smell of the Earth, stuff taken care of at home, in the bag after a challenging day, with repeat hopefully tomorrow, and it's shangri la, happy times are here again.

Images

Most anything made by Bear Creek soups. Especially with added cheese!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hikes in Rain View Post
    Most anything made by Bear Creek soups. Especially with added cheese!
    Made their chili a few weeks ago...good stuff!
    “He is richest who is content with the least, for content is the wealth of nature.” –Socrates

Cheesy, creamy pasta dishes or chili/beef stew when it's cold.

At home after a long, cold hike I love me some tomato soup with fresh bread slathered in REAL butter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    Got some rain songs for you to with that soup.

Simple soup made of miso, SOBA buckwheat noodles, some wakame or arame seaweed, peanuts, fresh crushed ginger, dried Shiitake mushrooms, packet of soy sauce, some sesame oil, fresh sprouts, and kale with some toasted sesame seeds on top. A very small 2 oz or so piece of Red Snapper or salmon or fresh caught Brook Trout or some Tofu cubes on top eaten with a humble heart, full go hope, with chopsticks with the broth for the end, some raindrops on the tarp, in the outdoors in a forest some where with a view, the smell of the Earth, stuff taken care of at home, in the bag after a challenging day, with repeat hopefully tomorrow, and it's shangri la, happy times are here again.

Sounds like a great stuff! I wish it was possible to make a meal just by reading a recipe. Not that I don't know how to cook. I just want it NOW.

Nothing works as a restorative quite as well than spicy tortillas soup for me.

Potato with bacon or ham and cheese - re-hydrates very easy

Spicy chili

++ New Posts ++