WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

So many thanks! Also, I really love the tattoo ring idea, but for now I may just go with one of the silicone options. Really grateful for all of your input.

As a male who's 44-year gold band is locked in by an arthritic knuckle, this isn't an issue that I can solve. Hasn't been an issue in all those years with getting stuff caught under it either.
    Wearing our rings is totally a symbolic thing that isn't changeable anyway …
    Having said all of that, a tattoo is an intriguing thought!

I did the tattoo thing as I worked in the electrical field for many years. The tattoo took care of a bucket list item as well, two birds one stone.
    There are wonders out there, now to find them.

I've never taken my wedding band off since the day I got married except when it got too tight when I was pregnant. Other than that, with the exception of certain cooking tasks, my ring stays on my finger. Working on electrical, lifting weights, etc - I wear my ring. My engagement ring actually saved my life one time. It caught on the door knob of my basement. It gave me enough time to grab the knob before I fell down the stairs and likely breaking my neck. I suppose if I lost enough weight I may need to secure it somehow but since I weighed quite a bit less when I married, I guess I won't worry about that.
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

My step son recently got a silicone ring to wear in lieu of his wedding band and he really loves it. I don't wear rings for work outs and hiking due to potential injury, swelling and wear and tear on the ring. I'd go with that as an option or no ring(s) at all. In the end it is personal preference and most people don't have an issue but it would suck to lose it on the trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Turk6177 View Post
    I have worn my wedding band on all of my hikes and never had an issue. That being said, it is smooth. I don't think you would have an issue wearing your ring.
    My wedding ring has not been off my finger for 49.5 years. Ive worn it swimming, doing construction, hiking, whatever.

Journal Entries
    Images

I dont wear rings at all when I hike. My hubby knows how much I care without them. But its one less thing I have to worry about losing, and my hands always end up swelling anyway. ;-)

~Pamela

“Not all those who wander are lost.” ~ J.R.R. Tolkien, "The Fellowship of the Ring"

I couldn't wear a ring working or camping so I would take it off and set it on a table. Well I finally lost it! Then I discovered the silicone rings the OP mentioned. I bought one in camo! I love it. I can wear it anytime now! I do take it off at night and put it on the nightstand to let the finger air out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geez, I never knew wedding rings are such a big deal. You people understand that when you take it off you do not magically become unmarried right? If I ever get married I'm certainly not wearing those stupid things.

My father never wore a wedding ring because he worked around machinery and told me it was dangerous.I tried for a brief period to wear mine,felt "funny",as does a wrist watch.So I told the wife I wasn't wearing one until it was necessary to repel unwanted attention.Never was a problem.LOL!(But it's only been 40 years)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++