Default Hiking partner to section hike Ga May 2017

Hello, I am looking for some backpacking partners to section hike Ga May 2017. My husband has bad knees and he would rather I have someone with me when I backpack. I was thinking Amicalola Falls to Standing Indian Campground in NC. I would also be interested in weekend trips in North Ga to prepare. Thx!

I plan to hike Georgia in May from Springer to NC border. I hiked the approach trail twice last year and wasn't planning to do it again but, if I do it will be from the top of the falls. Do you have a date set?

hmmmm... a friend and I have been talking about starting in GA just before May. I will likely hike with her 2-4 weeks. No idea how long she will stay on trail.
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

A friend that is through hiking this year invited me to join him for the first week (Ga)... in Feb. A little worried about the weather, but we'll see. If that happens, I will probably want to do a section in NC in May. I'll keep you posted. As for when, late April/ May, it doesn't really matter, I just have to make sure no one else is off at work.

I am planning to section hike the georgia portion but I have to go during my spring break which is April 1 to April 9. I hope to have my husband drop me at blue ridge gap, hiking to the GA/NC border then back south to Springer. I want to go South because I figure all the through hikers will be going north.

I'm planning on hiking the GA portion beginning at the end of May. Anyone else?? I'm going at it alone, but would love to meet some people out there for joint hikes.

Hey ladies! I would love to hike the GA to NC border starting the end of May. This will be my first hike on the AT and wouldn't be breaking in records speed wise but would love to connect with others who would be interested in hiking together.

Journal Entries

Hiking from Mountain crossings around May 7th for 10 days. maybe I'll see you there!

I would be interested! I'm getting the bug so bad! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have just been granted permission to take off the last of may. I live in Nashville and am thinking about taking a bus to Atlanta and trying to get a shuttle. Still trying to work out the logistics.

JennyLynn-- I sent you a private message.

++ New Posts ++