WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

He's not Bob. Bob has an account on here and can speak for himself. I'm sure someone will tip him off and he will be in to explain.

Quote Originally Posted by pilgrimskywheel View Post
    Here is my ATC attaboy from Javier Folgar.Attachment 37451Attachment 37452 Along with the stolen copyrighted material. I don't think your hostel is deserving of GFM donations in the face of a massive tragedy, (It's still standing!) And I think you should own up to having claimed to be an ATC "rescue partner". If you'd like I can post the letter I sent Mr. Folgar with regard to that bogus crookery also.
    First of all, you freaking idiot, I am not Bob/SirPacksALot. For you to even remotely think I am is so absurd as to be...well...its you, so its actually not that absurd. You are a fool. Everyone can see that, except you.

You got a thank you from a marketing guy for a head's up. Way to go. You must be soooooo proud of getting a thank you for ratting out an independent film maker for some unintentional inclusion of the ATC logo in a tiny film that actually promotes the ATC...hmmmm.....that was smart of you, right? You helped the ATC, right? What a hero...

To think that I am SirPacksALot is incredibly hilarious....only a fool would think that...but...when the clown shoes fit...break out the seltzer spritzers!

By the way, here's why the GFM page was changed to reflect the truth re: the TOG's status as an "ATC rescue partner" - because at 3:25 this afternoon I blew it out of the water with a little fact checking. (No attaboy though!)20161216_190153.jpg

And, you were so proud of your rat job that you used your real name.

Did the ATC send you a patch? A sticker? A membership?

Because, now everyone here knows your name and associates it with idiocy, narcissism, and mean-spiritedness. Oh, and for being a fool on top of being a rat fink who believes hiking poles are a mandated safety item....

"Did you see that guy's post? What a Harrington!"

Quote Originally Posted by ScareBear View Post
    And, you were so proud of your rat job that you used your real name.

Did the ATC send you a patch? A sticker? A membership?

Because, now everyone here knows your name and associates it with idiocy, narcissism, and mean-spiritedness. Oh, and for being a fool on top of being a rat fink who believes hiking poles are a mandated safety item....

"Did you see that guy's post? What a Harrington!"
    Wow. SMH. Thanks for showing us who you are son. A "Rat fink", okie dokie Jimmy Cagney. Yeah, I think it's wrong when crooks rip off hikers and the ATC under false pretenses. I'm an artist and I take copyright infringement seriously, and I take pandering to hikers already broke for their bucks total BS. Yup. I'm proud of having stopped it, and for not resorting to infantile name calling or personal attacks. What's a troll again?

You. You are a troll. Of the worst kind. You stick your nose in other people's business. You embark to harm people's business's because you don't agree with their business model due to some crazy sense of "propriety" or some such nonsense. You hold yourself out to be the guardian of good and the final word on such topics as..."hiking poles are required to hike safely" and hypocritically endevour to do so with outright lies of commission and omission.

You. Are. A. Troll.

You have no real life, no life partner, nothing. Your time is spent devising ways to make yourself seem important and think that by harming others in the name of "propriety" or "ethics" is doing good. It isn't. It's disingenuous and hypocritical.

Somebody got on me for "kicking him when he's down" after I proved you were nothing but hot air and lies. The truth is, I went easy on you. You are a fool, a liar, a braggart, a meddler, a whiner, a rat fink/tattletale, a narcissist and basically a poor excuse for a human being. In other words, A. Freaking. Troll.

Quote Originally Posted by ScareBear View Post
    You. You are a troll. Of the worst kind. You stick your nose in other people's business. You embark to harm people's business's because you don't agree with their business model due to some crazy sense of "propriety" or some such nonsense. You hold yourself out to be the guardian of good and the final word on such topics as..."hiking poles are required to hike safely" and hypocritically endevour to do so with outright lies of commission and omission.

You. Are. A. Troll.

You have no real life, no life partner, nothing. Your time is spent devising ways to make yourself seem important and think that by harming others in the name of "propriety" or "ethics" is doing good. It isn't. It's disingenuous and hypocritical.

Somebody got on me for "kicking him when he's down" after I proved you were nothing but hot air and lies. The truth is, I went easy on you. You are a fool, a liar, a braggart, a meddler, a whiner, a rat fink/tattletale, a narcissist and basically a poor excuse for a human being. In other words, A. Freaking. Troll.
    Well, thanks for clearing all that up for me Sir-Packs-Alot. You're incredibly astute. I'd like to send you one thousand dollars to help with your delinquent property taxes, and I will - just as soon as I get my reward for ratting out the makers of that "Walk In The Woods" reboot with a completely overused title. I'm so sorry again for making you angry. Please, forget hiking poles altogether okay?

Journal Entries

Children get put in time-out......

1. 2. Offensive posting is not allowed. That includes use of illegal substances, racism, sexism, or posts that ridicule, belittle, taunt, mock, or assault the character of other members. Our policy does not protect people that choose to verbally assault other members that may disagree with them. In essence members can disagree but should remain respectful of the person they disagree with.

If youve never been in timeout, expect the first to last 3-4 wks, the second forever. Friendly advice.

If you dont like someone, put them on ignore. Theres another website composed of people placed on permanent timeout.
    Last edited by MuddyWaters; 12-16-2016 at 21:57.

Again with the SirPacksALot...that is Bob. I am not Bob.

Am I allowed to say "And the fact that you persist in believing I am Bob and own TOG shows the world exactly how stupid you are?" Because, I am only telling the truth....

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    and the "business" is supposedly a non-profit
    You know I have to wonder about that. Sure did not seem like a non-profit when I was there. Then again I am not so sure I would know one when I saw it. Not knowing what they do with the $$ and all.

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Thanks for the input. Further mud slinging between each other can go to PMs.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Settle down folks. Scarebear failed to properly quote his his post. Sir-packs-Alot does have an account here and it is just like I spelled it.

We have permitted a rebuttal in the last post in this thread but that is all we have time for on this topic. Still gotta get a tree myself I'm sure others have more pressing tasks ahead.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Images

Hello everybody. I am Bob Gabrielsen - the director of the Top of Georgia Hiking Center. This thread asks: "Why is the Top of Georgia so "controversial" ?. There are a couple of reasons. 1) There is a current backlash against Gofundme campaigns: OK. We are currently doing one. If you want to kick me in the teeth for trying to keep my child alive (TOG) - that's your choice. I get it. It's embarrassing. 2) We set boundaries: Folks who work at TOG work long hours and we need to set boundaries for when we open and close / what we cost / how many work for stays and free stays we can do, etc. Sorry. Folks understand if you need to set a boundary for someone else - But NOT for them. The word "NO" has apparently become unacceptable and outrageous. I am sorry I cannot always say yes to everyone. 3) "I call them how I see them". I LOVE HIKERS AND THE TRAIL AND I CONSIDER MYSELF VERY BLESSED TO HAVE THE LIFE I HAVE. But ... please excuse me for saying ... IF the trail is being damaged, wildlife threatened, someones being rude to other folks, or a bad precedence for hiker establishments is being set - I am not helping the trail to "let it go". [/COLOR]We have simple rules at our place and sometimes a 1-2 day volunteer screws up. Sorry. Also - I tend to put my foot in my mouth a few times a year - sorry for that as well. Top of Georgia did not burn down - the fires came close but we were spared. Because our section of the trail (Dicks Creek Gap,GA) only opened up days ago and the drought and smoke kept day hikers, overnighters and sectioners away as well - business in 2016 was 1/3 that of 2014 and 2015. If you don't want to donate to our Gofundme campaign then DON'T. Don't help us ... do what you'd like. Call us at 706-982-3252. I would be happy to describe in the fullest of detail anything you'd like to discuss. 706-982-3252 - OR - I can keep tapping here as well ... but I'm a crazy optimist [COLOR=#333333]. THE TOP OF GEORGIA HOSTEL IS OPEN AND LIMPING ALONG BUT NOT UP FOR SALE. Happy Holidays ![
    Last edited by Sir-Packs-Alot; 12-17-2016 at 16:52. Reason: grammatical error

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++