Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    Oct might not be problem, but you wont find many openings in ksc in july to mid sept if dont make well in advance. Showing up at gate wont work well. When numbers max...people will figure it out . Theyll flip to bsp earlier, or sobo, or whatever.
    Unless they physically close the gate, there is always the option to shuttle/hitch into Millinocket for the night and shuttle/hitch back in the next day to finish. Or at least I have not heard of them trying to prevent this route to finish their thru.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchild View Post
    Unless they physically close the gate, there is always the option to shuttle/hitch into Millinocket for the night and shuttle/hitch back in the next day to finish. Or at least I have not heard of them trying to prevent this route to finish their thru.
    Nope, they won't prevent it. That's what you do when "but I'm an AT hiker" doesn't persuade them to overlook park policy to accommodate you.

Journal Entries
    Images

Just to be clear, my observation was not do with the rules at BSP.

They are what they are.

Rather it was simply to suggest that those thru hikers who are concerned with contributing to an un acceptable amount of crowding for its own sake should take comfort in the fact they will likely climb Katahdin during an off peak time.

That the park would limit hikers at at an off peak time (should their quota be reached) is odd, but that is something that the new superintendent will be dealing with, and an even greater thread drift.

Getting back to the Ferry, does anyone have access to the numbers broken down by week and month?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++