WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Franklin, NC Stop North Bound

In heading north this 2017 year with your trek keep us in mind. Haven's Budget Inn of Franklin, NC has long been known as, "The Hikers Stop. Great rates and even free shuttles for our guest. Check our schedules. We are open now for any of you who are heading out early..We also have a great hostel in Franklin, NC just across the street from Budget Inn. Newly known as Baltimore Jack's Place or the Jack Tarlin Hostel. Doing our part to keep the trail "Legend" of Jack Alive. Stop in..
    We have full hiker services at a discount rate in all of my places. The best deal in Franklin. Also, you might want to make plans to attend the April Hiker Fool Bash in Hiawassee Georgia at the Budget Inn.. Click on our website for dates and schedule..

Images

You can't go wrong staying at one of Ron's places. He and his staff will make sure you can get what you need and get to and from the trail.
    "The difficult can be done immediately, the impossible takes a little longer"

Journal Entries
    Images

Nice people running it easy walk to pizza and MC 'ds if you want a burger and dollar general...Worthwhile stay and break,,,Coin operated machines to wash your cloths on premise...
    My love for life is quit simple .i get uo in the moring and then i go to bed at night. What I do inbween is to occupy my time. Cary Grant

The Inn was my 1st stop/resupply point on my thru attempt last year. Will be again next year. I liked the town of Franklin, very "home" feeling to me.
    - Trail name: Thumper

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    You can't go wrong staying at one of Ron's places. He and his staff will make sure you can get what you need and get to and from the trail.

+1

Ron took care of all of us and was very generous with his time. The same can be said for his staff at the inn.
    "Though I have lost the intimacy with the seasons since my hike, I retain the sense of perfect order, of graceful succession and surrender, and of the bold brilliance of fall leaves as they yield to death." - David Brill

Stayed at the Inn in Franklin back in October. Ron shuttled us back to winding stair the next morning. He told us a story about him and Baltimore Jack that had me laughing all the way up trail.

+1 The Sapphire is ground zero for the Franklin Festival. Ron has picked me up hitch hiking on a few different occasions too. The first time was Superbowl weekend 2012 for the long way into Hiawassee. Another time (Fall 13) I was up the Franklin Library and was trying to figure out how to get back to Winding Stair Gap - he pulled up and took me the whole way - and it's a ways! (Not to mention I had just come south through the Smokies from SB, it rained the whole time, and I smelled like a box of farts!) Thanks Ron!

Images

Thanks friends,
    I am glad to help you. Thanks for choosing to do the A T, Stopping into our towns, letting me meet you, and I look forward to seeing all of you again this year.

Images

Friends,
    Many are coming through Hiawassee and Franklin right now. Remember our free guest shuttles at 9am and 11am

Shout out to "Small Steps" from Landenburg Pa. I hear you are doing well. I recommended to your Dad to go to Trail Days! My son and I went there on 2006. Not to be missed!!!!!!!!!

Good luck LB

++ New Posts ++