WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by Furlough View Post
    Not for all. Having been more of a reader and less of poster over the past ~13 years here on WB, I am fairly certain there are those who shrink from the education process while staying insulated within their own shroud of stubbornness, arrogance and ignorance. And I suppose at times some could say this may apply to me.
    +1 Agree one hundred percent.

Quote Originally Posted by pilgrimskywheel View Post
    Got it. Being less than adroit in your metier is not unlawful. Just hilarious and spendy, if not lethal. Thanks for clearing that up. I'd leave that whole $7K rescue tab thing off the resume if I was you - it doesn't exactly imbue me with an overwhelming sense of confidence in your "winter hiking partner". I bet she'd be REALLY be "peeved" if she knew you just shared that with everyone else who didn't already know the story! Don't worry - your secret is safe with all forty thousand of us.
    Do you lay awake nights rehearsing this stuff?
    Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    Do you lay awake nights rehearsing this stuff?
    Wayne

Uh, oh sorry - was I sleeping? I generally don't. Um, yes. I don't rehearse though - I find it takes away from the spontaneous authenticity of my pithy repartee.

I'm on a five year mission to uh, what? Oh, right the mission - I'm an Appalachian Trail Reformationist. I'm trying to, you know step up the diction, beautify the place in general - primarily by painting murals, publishing essays, etc., etc.

I'm also an accidental purist. I recognize that if left unchecked the current trend on the AT won't be anything like what old Benton MacKaye had in mind - it'll be more like an occupied third world tenderloin, a self-sustaining donation driven bazaar of indigent sycophants unable to stand for even the most basic, or reasonable modicums of hiker comportment. It'll be a place where well, anything goes. Even death.

Stay focused on the AT.
    Cheers!
    Wayne

Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
++ New Posts ++