Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I can make August 20-27 work as well. No preference on state. I still need to do NY, CT, MA as well.

k

Khs777-How many miles do you cover a day? I might be able to join you.

EO, Nadine3dogs, Quiet Storm, Mountain Girl---HI! It sounded like you all might be interested in hiking in August (20-27). If you're still interested, would you prefer NJ, NY,CT, MASS? The only section I've hiked in these states was Salisbury, CT to Jugs End Rd just over MASS border. I know there are 2 interested in GA from this forum...maybe you can contact each other...? Looking forward to hearing from other interested hikers as well!

OOps...I missed Kjp. I saw you were from Ga, but now that I went back thru..you might be interested in hiking farther north also.

I would be interested in hiking Aug 20-27. I'm pretty flexible also, just retired.

Journal Entries
    Images

Depending on where you end up going in late August, I am interested. I shuttled with QuietStorm in PA one weekend (thanks!). I have done parts of NJ, NY and CT, so I will wait and hear where you plan to go and if I am available. (I hope to join the semi-retired world soon, and only work periodic temporary jobs.) In NY, I need to do sections 4-13, plus most of NJ is needed.
    Just love being outside, not sure why. 765 AT miles done (2014-2018), many more to go.

Quote Originally Posted by doeontrail View Post
    EO, Nadine3dogs, Quiet Storm, Mountain Girl---HI! It sounded like you all might be interested in hiking in August (20-27). If you're still interested, would you prefer NJ, NY,CT, MASS? The only section I've hiked in these states was Salisbury, CT to Jugs End Rd just over MASS border. I know there are 2 interested in GA from this forum...maybe you can contact each other...? Looking forward to hearing from other interested hikers as well!
    Hi again! I don't have a strong preference on the location, but MA would be my first choice.

I realize this thread is over a month old since the last post but if there are still any ladies looking for trips, I'm wanting to do a week long section from Springer Mountain to Neels Gap during the first week of September (2nd - 9th/10th). I'm a first-time, and heavyset, hiker so the pace would be slow (hence the week-long timing). If anyone is interested I'd love to see if I can get a partner/group versus going solo for my first time in the woods.

Also FYI, this is supposed to be my practice hike for a 2018 NOBO.

Quote Originally Posted by Isa23 View Post
    I realize this thread is over a month old since the last post but if there are still any ladies looking for trips, I'm wanting to do a week long section from Springer Mountain to Neels Gap during the first week of September (2nd - 9th/10th). I'm a first-time, and heavyset, hiker so the pace would be slow (hence the week-long timing). If anyone is interested I'd love to see if I can get a partner/group versus going solo for my first time in the woods.

Also FYI, this is supposed to be my practice hike for a 2018 NOBO.
    Make that the 2nd week of October

Quote Originally Posted by Isa23 View Post
    Make that the 2nd week of October
    I have a friend in Gainesville that I will visit probably in October and would love to do a weeklong hike with someone slow like me.

Are y'all still looking to go out August 20-27??

Are yall still going in october?

I am in Mass too. Around your age Always hiking sections. I can keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by MoutainGirl View Post
    I saw that a group of women organized a week long section hike in 2016 on taptalk. I'm 55, a slower hiker, done a few two-nighters on the AT, but lacking people that want to section hike or meetup/AMC type groups in my area that backpack. I'm wondering if the group that hiked last year is planning on doing it again or if there are others interested in doing a group section hike. I'm in Massachusetts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just ignore it

Anyone hike AT in Sep 2017? I have a group of 3 people and we plan to hike AT next month. You can join with us, we love to make this group around 6-7 people 'cause we're not quite used to AT.

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Anderson View Post
    Anyone hike AT in Sep 2017? I have a group of 3 people and we plan to hike AT next month. You can join with us, we love to make this group around 6-7 people 'cause we're not quite used to AT.
    Hey Luna! I would love to join you. What section are you planning and what dates? I’ve been backpacking in the Midwest but haven’t been on the AT yet. I was hoping to go with a group so this would be a great opportunity!

Hi Luna, I am interested also. I have done a little backpacking on the AT in PA. Doing a little more on Friday. Would love to join a group.

Thanks for your interest but I'm sorry I can't make it now. I've got a job in Philippines next month and I have to cancel the trip to AT. Hope that we can go there next year.

Saw ur post on GA section hiking. I have a group starting march 22 if ur interested. its abt 10 miles a day move at your own pace and we all end up at the same shelter at the end of the day. going from blood mountain to the NC line. let me know if your interested?

I would also also love to do a section hike with other women.I am 59 and learning backpacking.I hike here in Fla as much as I can.Anytime would be great

Any 2018 section hikes scheduled ?would love to go with a group of females

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++