Default Looking for a hiking partner or small group to hike NOBO thru hike

Hi,
    I am planning a NOBO thru hike starting btwn mid March/April 1st (flexible start date) and am looking for a hiking partner or small group. I am 55 years old and feel that this is the right time in my life to hit the trail. Looking forward to experiencing what the trail has to offer and meeting new people along the way. If you're interested in hiking together, you can reply here or send me an email @ [email protected]
    All Best,
    Joyce

Images

I will be starting around that time NOBO. Estimated date on springer March 28th. I have some flexibility and may leave a little earlier depending on the weather forecasts. I also have someone who may slackpack Georgia with me using hiker hostel for 5 days - not finalized yet. Learning to be flexible. You will have tons of people starting then. Personally I find it's hard if you say you'll hike with someone and find your paces are different, your wishes to go to town or zero days don't gel. Know you wont be alone starting then. Have no fear of starting alone as you really wont be alone at all. Hope to meet you on the trail. We can keep in touch if you want so you'll know someone starting out there the same time. We may find we are the same pace and spend time moving northward together. Sheila

Show up on April 1st and you will find a LARGE group to hike with.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Hi Sheila,
    Thanks for your response. I'm a little anxious and excited at the same time. It would be good to keep in touch. Hopefully, we'll meet along the way.
    All Best,
    Joyce

Hi Slo-go'en,
    Thanks. I bet I will find a large group. Are you hiking the trail this spring?
    All Best,
    Joyce

Quote Originally Posted by SummitSistah View Post
    Hi Slo-go'en,
    Thanks. I bet I will find a large group. Are you hiking the trail this spring?
    All Best,
    Joyce
    No, probably not. I've been putting off doing some home improvements which really need to be done this summer. If I have any money left over, maybe I'll do another Long Trail E2E in the fall.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Hey Joyce,
    We are starting around the 27th of March....might see you on the trail!!

Sounds good, Zombie Turtle! Hope to see you on the trail!

++ New Posts ++