WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default WTB 55-65L framed lightweight pack (ULA, Z-packs, gossamer, etc)

I'm not crazy fussy on features, and hence not crazy fussy on models - I don't have a heap of disposable I come for this hobby though, so that works out OK.

I'm after something in the 55-65L range, sub 3lb. A little bigger is OK as long as weight is OK.

I really like the look of the ULA circuit and ohm packs, but buying new is out of my price range.

I'm about a size medium torso for most packs, and a small belt (28-29" waist).

Anyone looking to unload?

Have you considered Six Moon Designs? They still have a few of their closeout packs left in stock for $100. These are really good packs and carry weight very well:

https://www.sixmoondesigns.com/collections/bargain-bin

I have an Ohm 2.0 in those exact measurements if you're interested

I have! But I'm wary it might be a *touch* on the small side for me. If I don't find a decent deal soon, I might just spring for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ccchans View Post
    I have an Ohm 2.0 in those exact measurements if you're interested
    I am interested. How much would you be looking for shipped? I live in New Zealand, but sometimes using a postal forwarding service is more economical (and easier for you).

What colour is it out of interest?

Quote Originally Posted by oreocereus View Post
    I am interested. How much would you be looking for shipped? I live in New Zealand, but sometimes using a postal forwarding service is more economical (and easier for you).

What colour is it out of interest?
    That is quite the distance. I'm in the US and the shipping estimate via FedEx came out to $328 NZD. You'll have a much better deal buying directly from ULA.

I have! But I'm wary it might be a *touch* on the small side for me. If I don't find a decent deal soon, I might just spring for it.
    I've found the main compartment is the same size (approx 40ish liters) as the ZPacks Arc Haul and I can fit all my gear in that with 6 days of food and the tent inside, plus two CCF dog beds on the outside. I guess it just depends on your gear.

I just saw your list on another thread. You have some very similar gear to mine although I'd leave all the town clothes at home. I journal on my phone and keep it on airplane mode. I also carry a travel pillow (bulky but light) which takes up some space in the bottom of the pack and a 10* EE Convert which is bulkier than your 20* Revelation.

Quote Originally Posted by ccchans View Post
    That is quite the distance. I'm in the US and the shipping estimate via FedEx came out to $328 NZD. You'll have a much better deal buying directly from ULA.
    heh, US post/couriers are a real enigma to me. Whenever I look at gear from there, postage seems to range anywhere from $20-$300 for similarly sized/weighted items.

In any case, if you can ship domestically the postal forwarding I use tends to come in at about a tenth of the cost Fedex estimated.

Quote Originally Posted by DuneElliot View Post
    I just saw your list on another thread. You have some very similar gear to mine although I'd leave all the town clothes at home. I journal on my phone and keep it on airplane mode. I also carry a travel pillow (bulky but light) which takes up some space in the bottom of the pack and a 10* EE Convert which is bulkier than your 20* Revelation.
    yeah I reckon I'd be fine with my basic hike set up. Main issue is having a few luxuries (mostly in the way of clothes) - the reason I have those luxuries is that I'll be travelling for 4-5 months with this setup, with the time evenly split hiking and more conventional travelling. That said I am trying to minimize the clothing a bit more.

yeah I reckon I'd be fine with my basic hike set up. Main issue is having a few luxuries (mostly in the way of clothes) - the reason I have those luxuries is that I'll be travelling for 4-5 months with this setup, with the time evenly split hiking and more conventional travelling. That said I am trying to minimize the clothing a bit more.
    I guess if it's not for your typical long-distance hike, and you will be spending just as much time in town then I see the need for town clothes. I think you could easily fit a light-weight pair of shorts and a polo-type shirt and sandals in to the Fusion. Or maybe you could mail the luxury items for non-trail wear ahead to the next town so you don't have to carry them.

I have a granite gear Blaze AC60 pack I am looking to sell. It has an adjustable medium torso and medium hip belt. I have not used it to be honest, it is in new condition. Im from Canada if you want a shipping quote pm me details. If I can get $200 CAD for it I would be happy.

++ New Posts ++