Hey there! Forgive me, this will be long and inquisitive but I am unfortunately a freak when it comes to planning, lol.
First time section hikers, coming from Illinois in late September/early October. Finalizing plans. We have 10 days.

Hoping to be pointed in the right direction regarding parking and shuttles/transportation!

We will be spending 5 of those days on the AT in Shenandoah, 3 of them consecutive inn-to-inn SoBo. (All inns/lodges/cabins have been booked! ) Day one will be driving in and staying at a hotel in Luray. We have a long drive and will want a good night's sleep before hitting the trail. We plan to backpack in on day two at Thornton Gap, keep our first day short and sweet and make camp at Byrd's Nest 3.

Day three hike in to Skyland, day four Big Meadows then finally day five Lewis Mountain. We will resupply somewhere in between (will calculate all of that when time gets closer!) and then end of day six exit at Swift Run Gap where our vehicle will hopefully be and then from there drive to Mouth of Wilson/Grayson Highlands to car camp and hike the section of AT there. (Does that campground typically fill up quickly on week days?)

Main reason for post! Now that you can see the itinerary, I assume we should park near Swift Run, get a shuttle to our hotel in Luray, then hitch a ride to Thornton Gap trailhead? Is there a safe and reliable place to park for 5 days at or near Swift Run Gap? Who would be best for shuttle service from Swift Run to Luray?
Just trying to figure out some angles and details =)

Onward to Virginia Part II: Day seven we want to rest, then hike Mount Rogers on day eight via Massie Gap/Rhododendron Trail. Day nine explore and stay near Damascus on the way out of VA and day ten we head home.

Does this itinerary seem reasonable? I am looking for the most practical and easy way to do things. I always leave room for error as nothing ever always 100% goes to plan. Any advice? Any suggestions? Anyone wanna laugh at me?! Lol TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk