WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by SufiLodge View Post
    Much of this can be attributed to the Glysophates in wheat and other staples. Believe it or not the elite wish to eliminate 90% of the population now and are using several means to cull the populations. Most desease today is in fact intentional. They have their robots now, they no longer need slaves.

I needed a good laugh! Thanks!

Better add some aluminum foil to my medicine kit so I can build a Faraday cage cap to protect myself from microwave brain scanners.

Images

Much of this can be attributed to the Glysophates in wheat and other staples. Believe it or not the elite wish to eliminate 90% of the population now and are using several means to cull the populations. Most desease today is in fact intentional. They have their robots now, they no longer need slaves.
    That's some grade "A" *** right there.
    igne et ferrum est potentas
    "In the beginning, all America was Virginia." -​William Byrd

SufiLodge, are you intentionally trying to stir up the tribe? Do you know what can of worms and ridicule you are opening yourself up to?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckahoe View Post
    That's some grade "A" *** right there.
    now that's, funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    SufiLodge, are you intentionally trying to stir up the tribe? Do you know what can of worms and ridicule you are opening yourself up to?
    Right! Sounds like somthin' I'd say.

Journal Entries

Someones doping right now.....

Ill have some of what he's having please.

Ignoring how generally crazy your statement is, you could at least adhere to the facts. Glyphosate is an excellent non-selective herbicide, but it is not used on wheat. It is used on soybeans, canola and corn. Beyond correcting that factual error, the rest of what you wrote is too crazy to merit any comment.

I'll attempt to return to topic.

I carry daily multivitamin/multimineral pills, in an attempt to help make up for poor diet.

I've usually got some mint Tums or Rolaids, consumed more as a calcium supplement/breath mint combo because I know there will be a new roll in my next resupply. These are good for occasional indigestion, too.

Yes, I carry a supply of Vitamin I. That's to reduce inflammation and keep my abused body parts from doing further damage to themselves. I'd prefer an ice pack for my knees/ankles/whatever, but most times ibuprofen is all I have available.

I take one regular strength aspirin every other day. That was the dosage in the original study which showed long-term heart health benefits, so I know it's effective. I see no reason to pay 3x as much per tablet for 1/3 the dose to take a pill daily. That supply means I've got extra NSAID pills on hand in an emergency situation.

I carry Imodium also, but have never needed it (yet). However, avoiding dehydration while you're also sweating profusely is worth the tiny weight of precaution.

I react strongly to urushiol (poison ivy), and don't always see the trees (bushes) for admiring the forest, so I carry some diphenhydramine (generic Benadryl) capsules. Also a tube of 1% cortisone cream.

Finally, I carry a few extra-strength acetaminophen tablets. I find that one of these is generally the right answer to the occasional headache, which would otherwise distract me from things like watching my footing. The added bonus is that acetaminophen can be combined with NSAIDs in the case of severe pain (such as from a broken bone). I haven't ever needed to take such a drug combo on the trail (or off), but it's good to be prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by DownEaster View Post
    I'll attempt to return to topic.

I carry daily multivitamin/multimineral pills, in an attempt to help make up for poor diet.

I've usually got some mint Tums or Rolaids, consumed more as a calcium supplement/breath mint combo because I know there will be a new roll in my next resupply. These are good for occasional indigestion, too.

Yes, I carry a supply of Vitamin I. That's to reduce inflammation and keep my abused body parts from doing further damage to themselves. I'd prefer an ice pack for my knees/ankles/whatever, but most times ibuprofen is all I have available.

I take one regular strength aspirin every other day. That was the dosage in the original study which showed long-term heart health benefits, so I know it's effective. I see no reason to pay 3x as much per tablet for 1/3 the dose to take a pill daily. That supply means I've got extra NSAID pills on hand in an emergency situation.

I carry Imodium also, but have never needed it (yet). However, avoiding dehydration while you're also sweating profusely is worth the tiny weight of precaution.

I react strongly to urushiol (poison ivy), and don't always see the trees (bushes) for admiring the forest, so I carry some diphenhydramine (generic Benadryl) capsules. Also a tube of 1% cortisone cream.

Finally, I carry a few extra-strength acetaminophen tablets. I find that one of these is generally the right answer to the occasional headache, which would otherwise distract me from things like watching my footing. The added bonus is that acetaminophen can be combined with NSAIDs in the case of severe pain (such as from a broken bone). I haven't ever needed to take such a drug combo on the trail (or off), but it's good to be prepared.
    Just when I get my tinfoil hat done we get back on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by StubbleJumper View Post
    Ignoring how generally crazy your statement is, you could at least adhere to the facts. Glyphosate is an excellent non-selective herbicide, but it is not used on wheat. It is used on soybeans, canola and corn. Beyond correcting that factual error, the rest of what you wrote is too crazy to merit any comment.
    That's very much incorrect. Round Up is used on wheat even though wheat is not currently a GMO. Even though there is no Round Up(glyphosphate) Ready GMO wheat it is still very common to apply Round Up to wheat just prior to harvest to desiccate it making it easier to harvest. You may be confusing GMO staples like soy, rapeseed(canola), and corn with non GMO wheat, that to best of my knowledge, has not yet been approved as a GMO. But that does not mean Round UP is only used on those Round Up Ready GMO's.

SurfiLodge is correct in saying wheat and many other staples have Round Up applied to them. It is not just GM crops either. The use of Round Up has sky rocketed in the last 25 yrs. It stands to reason now more than ever we are consuming more Round UP.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    That's very much incorrect. Round Up is used on wheat even though wheat is not currently a GMO. Even though there is no Round Up(glyphosphate) Ready GMO wheat it is still very common to apply Round Up to wheat just prior to harvest to desiccate it making it easier to harvest. You may be confusing GMO staples like soy, rapeseed(canola), and corn with non GMO wheat, that to best of my knowledge, has not yet been approved as a GMO. But that does not mean Round UP is only used on those Round Up Ready GMO's.

SurfiLodge is correct in saying wheat and many other staples have Round Up applied to them. It is not just GM crops either. The use of Round Up has sky rocketed in the last 25 yrs. It stands to reason now more than ever we are consuming more Round UP.

Dogwood,

I respect your views on most things related to hiking, but on the subject of food or agriculture we must depart. A quick check on snopes and an actual visit to a wheat producing region would tell you that the usage of glyphosate on wheat is nonsense. It's virtually non-existent, and even when it's done, there are rules for how far in advance of harvest dessication must be done, which minimizes risk to consumers. Better to bring up real risks in real life.

http://www.snopes.com/food/tainted/roundupwheat.asp

SJ

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++