Default Who wants to section hike the AT in Shenandoah National Park in April?

In celebration of my 50th birthday, I will be hiking the Shenandoah National Park section of the AT from April 15th to April 25th (or 26th, depending on how long it takes me ). Currently, I will be hiking solo, but would love to have company at the shelters at night, or along the hike if you want. I enjoy the peacefulness of solo hiking but also the camaraderie of other hikers in the evenings; not to mention the safety factor.

I’ll be traveling NOBO from Jarman’s Gap to Front Royal. Let me know if you’re interested in joining part or all of this trip.

Thanks!

MugDennis

Quote Originally Posted by MugDennis View Post
    In celebration of my 50th birthday, I will be hiking the Shenandoah National Park section of the AT from April 15th to April 25th (or 26th, depending on how long it takes me ). Currently, I will be hiking solo, but would love to have company at the shelters at night, or along the hike if you want. I enjoy the peacefulness of solo hiking but also the camaraderie of other hikers in the evenings; not to mention the safety factor.

I’ll be traveling NOBO from Jarman’s Gap to Front Royal. Let me know if you’re interested in joining part or all of this trip.

Thanks!

MugDennis
    I might be able to get away, but i must forewarn you that i am an utter newbie and may slow you down..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likely to pass you on the way southbound! Have fun.

Stop at Big Meadows campground and say hello. I will be camp host there from March 22 - April 30th. On my days off I'll be hiking many of the blue blaze trails in the park. I've day hiked the AT through Shenandoah a couple of times now.

I'd love to join if you are still planning this section. PM me if you would like company. Happy Birthday! K

++ New Posts ++