WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ok thanks! I'm thinking that the netting might make it less slippery. I used mine with the Duomid as my only floor, gathered at the corners which created something of a bathtub and clipped in similar to yours using some 2.5mm shock cord. For a while I also tried it as a ground cloth for my Duplex but found it redundant... the 1oz Cuben alone suffices, and it isn't slippery. I'm sticking with my Tyvek (housewrap) bathtub for the Duomid.

Those weight numbers are right in line with what I've seen. My Tyvek bathtub is a bit over 7 oz(!), but it is perfect in every other regard and thus remains in the kit.

If your gentle with your gear the regular GG ground sheets last a while. Mine has about forty nights on it and is still in good shape. I just crumble it up and stuff in the outside pocket of my pack too. Its kinda slippery, whispy light which is annoying in the wind, and gets gross when the grounds a little muddy. But what ground sheet doesn't.

I don't think the weight of a silynyon, cuben, or tyvek sheet offers much more for the weight increase.

All three are easier to handle than polycryo though imo.

It would be my first choice on a long distance hike where hiking the distance is the goal and I just camp to sleep at night.

So yeah, don't abuse it and they hold up well.

I've heard of a few people using only to sheets on one of the big three trails.

A cuben floor would be real nice though, allbeit expensive

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++