WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Registered User Fat Man Walking's Avatar
    Images

Default Re-supply points between Daleville and Waynesboro, VA

Am planning a two week (or there abouts) section hike this summer between Pearisburg, VA and Waynesboro, VA for later this year and am in the beginning stages of looking at how this trip will shape up from a re-supply standpoint. Sure don't want to carry a lot of food if I can avoid it.

But, my first week (Pearisburg to Daleville) looks fairly straight forward but the second week looks like it maybe hard to find a place to do that without a big detour off the trail to a small town.

Any suggestions would be most greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone may know of a B&B or hostel between that would probably be good as well.

I'm a Fat Man in the Bath tub with the Blues!!!

Fat Man Walking

Va to Va 06

Glasgow is about halfway through the section at the James River and has most that you're likely to need.

South of The Priest is Fish Hatchery Road, which leads to the Dutch Haus B&B. I didn't stay there, but hikers who did described enjoying fresh squeezed OJ and fluffy bath robes.

Images

Thumbs up Yep, easy hitch and good supplies

Quote Originally Posted by Sly
    Glasgow is about halfway through the section at the James River and has most that you're likely to need.
    And a motel with a AYCE breakfast bar.
    Uncle Wayne

Registered User Fat Man Walking's Avatar
    Images

Thumbs up Thanks Guys.....

For the advice. It will be well used. Have already made the adjustments in my itinerary.

Right now, my plans are to go last week of July and first week of August. My experience has been that many of the services/hostels/etc that are ordinarily available to Thrus and sections that go earlier/later in the year are not available at this time. Do you anticipate that this will be a problem here?

Thanks again for the assist.

See you up the trail

There's a Fat Man in the Bath Tub with the Blues

Fat Man Walking

Va to Va 06
    "Like the confluence of two streams, dreams & reality are joined, flowing as one. I know how lucky I am." - Cody GA-ME 2010

++ New Posts ++