WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: AT Trail Guide?

Default AT Trail Guide?

We've all had a Few days to read the new Whiteblaze Pages Trail Guide, so..... Will you carry the WB Pages or the AWOL Trail Guide this year?

I think I will, and hear's my logic. Last year on my 1/2 Thru to HF, I carried the AWOL Guide, as did nearly everyone else. (Not saying the ATC Guide is not also an excellent resource.). When I go NOBO this year I expect AWOL to still be the big leader in guides, so if I have the WB Pages, and my hiking companions ( others) have AWOL, we'll have both guides to compare & utilize.

So, what say you?
    "How can something this hard be so much fun".

i'm just carrying the trimmed down 2017 data book, and hoping to read other generous hiker's guides, so for my own interests, variety is great! when do you set out? i'm skipping the approach and setting out from spring afternoon march 6th.

I'm going Nobo from Harper's Ferry post Flip Flop Festival on 4/23. Excited & ready to start hiking!

Good luck to you on your March start!

Images

No need to choose. Carry paper and smartphone editions.
    [I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Images

I'm hoping the WhiteBlaze Pages becomes available in a PDF, but I do have the paper copy for now. It has information related to unofficial campsites not found in the other guides, which is nice to have at times. That being said, I'm carrying AWOLs guide in the PDF format purely due to weight...I'm contemplating scanning the WhiteBlaze Pages and creating my own PDF, but that's a full day of scanning and merging documents...ughhh
    “He is richest who is content with the least, for content is the wealth of nature.” –Socrates

I do like the perforated pages in WB. Surprised no one has done that before. Since I'm only doing the upper half to Maine I'll be starting out with only half a guide, whichever I choose to take. FYI I did like & rely on Gutthook daily, but I still like the paper for my guide, thus no smartphone version for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Engine View Post
    I'm hoping the WhiteBlaze Pages becomes available in a PDF, but I do have the paper copy for now. It has information related to unofficial campsites not found in the other guides, which is nice to have at times. That being said, I'm carrying AWOLs guide in the PDF format purely due to weight...I'm contemplating scanning the WhiteBlaze Pages and creating my own PDF, but that's a full day of scanning and merging documents...ughhh
    Got my WB guide yesterday. I most likely will be relying on AWOL and Guthooks guides but the WB does have a few tidbits that the others don't and I can use it as a reference also. Took it to work and scanned it into a PDF in about five minutes
    Did it in 2 sections Harpers Ferry north and Springer Mountain to Harpers Ferry.
    -- for copyright reasons I won't be sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't forget there is a third option, the Thru-Hikers' Companion. Dollars to donuts they have the most accurate profiles and easy to read tables that contain a wealth of information. Plus, ultimately the proceeds go the ATC.

++ New Posts ++