WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14

I drove 11.5 hours today. Tomorrow, I hike!

I just cut my toenails. That counts, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    I just cut my toenails. That counts, yes?
    technically...it requires a 8x10 colour photo with circles and arrows and description on the back

Run 4-5 miles everyday, stopped eating bread.....lost 4 lbs, bought a new Sawyer and decided to sell my beloved Trango 2 tent Looking at a Marmot Catalyst.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchee View Post
    Run 4-5 miles everyday, stopped eating bread.....lost 4 lbs, bought a new Sawyer and decided to sell my beloved Trango 2 tent Looking at a Marmot Catalyst.
    no bread! I don’t know if I could do that.
    066CB6F2-7530-4048-9F62-A27C42D180DC.jpg

Time to fess up, what have y’all been doin?

This morning I walked on the treadmill and stair climber with a pack. Putting in the sweat equity!

I've increased my weekend day pack weight. I'm doing just over 30 lbs for 10 miles pretty much every Saturday. My anticipated AT pack weight is around 35 pounds including food and water so that's my short term goal. I also added high rep squats to my weekly leg workout. After my leg workout (20 rep squat routine) I'm going for 100 reps with 65 pounds. I live in Florida so I thought I should do something to help prep for the hills.

I'm still doing my normal routine, weight and calisthenics daily, walking with 20 lbs for 2 miles daily, etc. I've also started trying some recipes/meal prep.

I'm sure I will still be physically challenged, but I hope my attempts at physical conditioning make it bearable.

All my day hikes in GA are now done with a full pack. Lunch on hiking days is for testing trail food. Today it was mashed potatoes, tuna, cheese, and a bit of olive oil while sitting on top of Blood Mountain.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14
++ New Posts ++