WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hi, I still lack MD & PA on the AT, but I'm always looking for someone to go with. would rather split this much into two sections anyway. I'll consider going with any or several of you in June if you want company for two weeks averaging 15 miles per day.
    Edwin
    Last edited by ednotmilkman; 04-17-2017 at 00:57.

Quote Originally Posted by ednotmilkman View Post
    Hi, I still lack MD & PA on the AT, but I'm always looking for someone to go with. would rather split this much into two sections anyway. I'll consider going with any or several of you in June if you want company for two weeks averaging 15 miles per day.
    Edwin
    This thread's been about a different trail, PA's longest (exceeding in length both the PA section of the A.T., and PA's part of North Country Trail) http://www.hike-mst.org

I saw this was different trail, ki0eh. Doesn't matter to me. I like some company without being in a crowd; I admit I don't have any details about the mid state trail, but that's what the forums are for.

Hi guys,
    Thanks for your interest. Yes, I'm still wanting to hike the MST. The soonest I can start would be around June 23. Since I have not set foot on it, I'm not sure how difficult it is. The AT is very well marked and I know about what to expect, travel time-wise. I'm not sure of how fast I will be going on the MST. Sixteen miles a day is a pretty good day for me on the AT. My average is probably closer to 13, at least when I first start. Not sure if this fits with your speed. Let me know. Thanks!

If you're doing the whole thing may want to try going northbound, springs (which aren't numerous in southern 1/2 of trail anyway) start drying up.

MST guidebook Sections 2, 3, and 7 are probably rougher than anything on the PA A.T., but not as rough as the north end of Tuscarora Trail. One wisecrack about the MST being measured in kilometers is that each km (5/8 of a mile) is sometimes said to take as long as a mile of another trail.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ki0eh View Post
    If you're doing the whole thing may want to try going northbound, springs (which aren't numerous in southern 1/2 of trail anyway) start drying up.

MST guidebook Sections 2, 3, and 7 are probably rougher than anything on the PA A.T., but not as rough as the north end of Tuscarora Trail. One wisecrack about the MST being measured in kilometers is that each km (5/8 of a mile) is sometimes said to take as long as a mile of another trail.
    +many on the Tuscaroara Trail rocks in PA.
    76 HawkMtn w/Rangers
    14 LHHT
    15 Girard/Quebec/LostTurkey/Saylor/Tuscarora/BlackForest
    16 Kennerdell/Cranberry-Otter/DollyS/WRim-NCT
    17 BearR
    18-19,22 AT NOBO 1562.2
    22 Hadrian's Wall
    23 Cotswold Way

I have lots of planning info that I put together this winter using the resupply list from the MST website. I'd be happy to share with anyone who's interested. It's a word document so it would need to be emailed.

Quote Originally Posted by lukabrazi View Post
    I have lots of planning info that I put together this winter using the resupply list from the MST website. I'd be happy to share with anyone who's interested. It's a word document so it would need to be emailed.
    I'm interested from the point of format and content feedback. [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by ki0eh View Post
    I'm interested from the point of format and content feedback. [email protected]
    I've been out of town and didn't have my laptop with me. I'll get it to you soon.

Joanie,
    Still looking for hiking partners? I'm a senior hiker (60+) looking to get out on the trail, any trail. I was hoping to hike the AT in central VA in June (posted on White Blaze) but found no takers. I've thru-hiked the AT in 2009 so I do have some trail experience. You can shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] with any details of your hike. I live north of Baltimore so the Mid-State Trail is within easy driving distance.

Paul AKA The Sondance Kid

I am planning on starting a little bit north of Bear Mountain in NY for a 15-18 day sobo hike on Friday, June 23rd. I am slow, will be doing an average of 10 miles per day. My goal is to get as close as I can to the Allentown PA area. Let me know if you are interested.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++