WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by saimyoji
    While I smiled and applauded some of the comments here, I think its innappropriate to encourage illegal substance use. I just saw a story on the news of a family that saved 7 months to buy their handicapped littled girl (7) a new wheelchair had been stolen by drug addicts looking to sell it for dope money. WRONG.

I like it when people say hello and don't ask me for stuff they forgot to bring. I'm always happy to share ( I once gave up half my water to a hiker who had none) but would rather arrive without worrying about the water source.
    Know the difference between legal and illegal? Politics and Greed. Isn't it ironic that the "legal" substances likey destroy more families and individuals health than all the illegal ones combined. Just a guess, but whoever took the wheelchair wasn't strung out on weed. I wonder if the parents of this child were on the highly addictive legal substances, thus adding months to the childs wait. And I just got to believe there is someplace that will loan/give a needy child a wheelchair. Reminds me of the guy up on his soapbox w/ a drink in one hand and a cigarette in the other, preaching the dangers of "gateway" "drugs". Good Grief

I like people who don't sterotype and judge others.

Btw, I once stole my grandmothers crutches and traded them for a venti Starbucks.

Quote Originally Posted by saimyoji
    While I smiled and applauded some of the comments here, I think its innappropriate to encourage illegal substance use. I just saw a story on the news of a family that saved 7 months to buy their handicapped littled girl (7) a new wheelchair had been stolen by drug addicts looking to sell it for dope money. WRONG.

I like it when people say hello and don't ask me for stuff they forgot to bring. I'm always happy to share ( I once gave up half my water to a hiker who had none) but would rather arrive without worrying about the water source.
    Yeah, stealing is wrong. Catching a buzz or altering conciousness is a basic human desire...mabye even an unsung instinct. It's as much a part of humanity as religion. Altered states of conciousness have given humanty a view into itself that has an ugly facet, so what else is new? The connection between theft and drugs is a result of human nature, which is unfortunayely fallible and corrubtible. (I suppose it would be ok to encourage "legal" substance abuse...? How about encouraging moral satndards and accountabilty and ettiquette in people and children, so they know better, rather than allowing them to blame their crimes on drug addiction) no offense but I think thats a silly comment...mabye you were just joking?

Quote Originally Posted by Nean
    Btw, I once stole my grandmothers crutches and traded them for a venti Starbucks.
    i have to say caffiene is the best legal drug i've ever used. [:

Just Passin' Thru.... Kozmic Zian's Avatar
    Images

Default I Like....

Yea, Guys....I like when I come up to a shelter, and last nights tenants left if clean, with the firepit in 'good shape', no litter, no leavings (as naieve hikers figure out they don't need something, so just leave in shelter, etc.), no fowl paper hanging out of the privey. Also, when passing someone going the other direction, a smile maybe and a hello, etc. Also, when approaching from the rear, a little anouncement, like, 'hello there, how are you? Coming thru', etc. Just common courtesy and respect for everyone and all things on The Trail....wouldn't it be great? Neva hatchie, GI.....Hi, everyone!
    Kozmic Zian@ :cool: ' My father considered a walk in the woods as equivalent to churchgoing'. ALDOUS HUXLEY

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++