WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Colorado Trail Pocket Atlas 2nd edition

Erik the Black's Colorado Trail Atlas 2nd edition is now available for pre-order. This edition includes the Collegiate West route. The estimated ship date is the 1st of May. See his website for details etc.

FYI, I'm not in any way affiliated with Erik the Black. But, I have used his products for the CT as well as what he has available for the PCT (3rd edition) and have found them very useful. His CT Atlas (1st edition) was the sole resource I have used to complete the CT.
    Lonehiker (MRT '22)

Just placed my order today, I already have the CT data book but I wanted to look over Erik the Black CT atlas too.

Journal Entries
    Images

I'm seriously thinking of thru-hiking the CT this year in July/August. I've looked over PMags guide which was a good read. Should I pick this guide up or are there others?
    "Though I have lost the intimacy with the seasons since my hike, I retain the sense of perfect order, of graceful succession and surrender, and of the bold brilliance of fall leaves as they yield to death." - David Brill

There is also The Colorado Trail Data Book 6th edition than can be bought through the Colorado Trail Foundation website or even off of Amazon. I have the CT data book and have been using it to help plan my CT thru hike attempt this July. Once I get Erik's atlas and look it over I will then decide which one to take with me. My advice for what it is worth would be to buy both and if you don't like Erik's he has a 30 day money back guarantee.

I opted for the Data Book over the Atlas, but they both fall short...a small map for resupply towns would be nice.

When you purchase a product sold by The Colorado Trail Foundation store (Databook, guidebook, Mapbook), 100% of any profits go into maintaining the trail. When you purchase from other sources there is no such investment, it just goes into their pockets. When you buy a Guthooks phone app the CT also receives some income.

The Colorado Trail was built by, and is wholly maintained by volunteers, and your store purchases really help keep the organization.

http://www.coloradotrail.org
    Last edited by bearcreek; 03-12-2017 at 20:02.
    May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view.

~ Edward Abbey

ETB atlas was great on JMT and the CT data book was nice for collegiate loop but honestly all I regularly used was the guthooks app....worth its weight in gold....o yea it doesn't weight anything...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

Which guidebook is most like Yogi's?

I was planning on ordering hers since I'm familiar with the format from the PCT and CDT versions - but I see she's discontinued it. I'm going to order the bundle from the CT Foundation and use it to read up/learn about the trail but I'm not sure any of them are what I'm looking for.

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

Ah... yogi is going to release an updated 2017 CT book. Another thing checked off my list.

++ New Posts ++