Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by HooKooDooKu View Post
    Come to think of it...
    The ranger's spiel does not include the instructions to wet/mix/stir your poop. I'm sure they would be happy if they could just get everyone to dig a proper 6" cat hole. So their specific instructions were to not MARK your cat hole with a stick to avoid flinging poop.
    You are quite right about the soil providing protection from the germs in your poop, so for those that stir, I guess the best instructions would be to either use a short enough stick that you can bury it completely, or break off and bury the dirty part.
    Yeah I agree with you and the ranger that leaving a stick poking out of the ground isn't very LNT. I think the short stick idea would work. Be careful if you snap the mixing stick though, don't want to get any of that nastiness flying around at your face!

Default Lets talk about poop

hey, this is a great marketing opportunity for someone to come out with an environmentally friendly product where a couple drops will break down tp...

You aren't though. Studies of garbage puts and my own experience show that tp does not degrade when buried as we would like it to. I've dug cat holes where the poop is long degraded but the tp remains. Pack it out.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
++ New Posts ++