WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

Great trip report and pictures Salty. Wish you had better weather to hike in but I'll take rain over hot & humid any day.
    There ARE mountains to climb in Virginia. Don't let anyone try to tell you it's all flat.
    Last edited by johnnybgood; 04-02-2017 at 13:28.
    Getting lost is a way to find yourself.

Great pics! Glad your trip was a success. I'm looking forward to a hike in a couple weeks, but I'm much slower than you! lol.

glad you had a good time. too bad about weather on day 2- there are some great views through there, but it looks like it cleared enough to get some great shots. And bonus- water is not an issue for awhile. I thought about you Friday morning when the T-storms rolled through.

Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post
    Thx all for the great info. I started mid morning Thursday meeting Oma from three pines hostel at the Long mountain wayside(60) where I left my truck. We drove to Rockfish gap where she dropped me off.....very nice person and highly recommend her. Got started hiking south about 11:00 by a little after 8:30 I arrived at the Maupin shelter (21 miles) and quickly threw up my new duomid....10 min later came the rain off an on for the next 24 hours with severe wind and lightning! Packed up and getting soaked by 9...got my tired arse kicked climbing the priest! Stopped at the priest shelter for water and another round of down pours started....ugg I had another 6-7 miles to get to Seeley shelter so I would only have 13 miles to my truck in the morning ......we made it to seeley about 8:40 to find the place empty....nice and quiet compared to the scout yelling match the night before! About 2:30am while asleep in the shelter my pup started growling as I look out I see lights shining from a distance ....figured it was hikers like my self who got delayed by the storms. Never met them as they were tenting out back. We packed up and started walking about 5:45 am and at the truck about noon.....the fun started with the 10 hour drive home....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oma @ Three springs hostel is currently under repair so only doing mail drops and shuttles....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++