WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Vivo Barefoot

Default Vivo Barefoot

Looking for sizing help. yes, I have a call into customer service but the person I got had never heard of my issue before.

I measured my foot the way the site directs you too and came up with 9 3/8 inches which converts to 23.8125 CM. According to the women's chart I should order a US sized 7. Here's the dilemma, everything else I wear I buy in a women's US 8.5! Of course they don't have an 8.5 so I would go to a 9 in their shoe but their chart is telling me to get a size 7. What gives?

Here's their chart (use the women's chart) along with instructions on how to measure your foot (which I did).
    https://www.vivobarefoot.com/us/cust...ces/size-guide

If you have ordered these shoes and have experience with their sizing, especially women, please help.

Thanks for any help.
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

and just to complicate matters, I leave in 3 weeks for a trip and need to get my shoes straightened out quick!

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Not a woman, but my wife and I each have a pair (Vivobarefoot Women's Ultra II ...really like them). I did the same research you did which says they run big. I usually wear a 13 and bought a "12-12.5". Fit seemed a little big, but worked. My wife wears a 7-8 usually, bought a size "6.5-7" and wished she had gotten the bigger size, though they still work for her (got a great price).

Just one data point, but you might find the size 7 too small if you normally wear 8 1/2. If you're an Amazon prime member, it wouldn't be a bad idea to buy both and return the one that doesn't fit....

I'm probably restating something you already are doing, but just make sure you're measuring near the end of the day and not in the morning. Most people's feet swell and flatten a little as the day goes on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, I thought I remember you saying you've worn 5Fingers in the past? If so, might be a fairly comparable fitting with cm length.

Quote Originally Posted by TX Aggie View Post
    Also, I thought I remember you saying you've worn 5Fingers in the past? If so, might be a fairly comparable fitting with cm length.

It's been about 2 years since I wore the VFFs and for the life of me I have no idea what the size was.

I would have no problem getting 2 sizes to see which one fits but it seems ridiculous that the sizes are so far apart based on the chart versus what I have on my feet right now. 7 versus 9!

Quote Originally Posted by PennyPincher View Post
    It's been about 2 years since I wore the VFFs and for the life of me I have no idea what the size was.

I would have no problem getting 2 sizes to see which one fits but it seems ridiculous that the sizes are so far apart based on the chart versus what I have on my feet right now. 7 versus 9!

Lol, yeah that is a bit of a range.

I have the men's and they seem to run a little larger in my opinion but I got the largest they had available Europe 44/ 10.5-11 I wear 11.5-12 normally and they are still very comfortable after a long day of hiking.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00...rb_top?ie=UTF8

I think I am going to hold off until after I get babck from my hike. I'm set for my next hike. Maybe I'll mess with it after that.

Images

I've been using the NB spikeless CC running shoes, but they aren't too long lasting. How's the life of these?

++ New Posts ++