You could set up where the trail crosses the access road, probably 1/4 mile or so before you get to the parking lot. There is a small area where you can park a car on the left side of the road, adjacent to the trail. It would keep you from having to carry anything up to the top, and it's wooded in that area so you and your car and your trail magic or whatever someone wants to call it wouldn't be visible from the summit, or even from the parking area.

I once hung out there on a weekday when it was less crowded and handed out beer/drinks/snacks to anyone who wanted them, and I didn't have a single hiker pass by without taking something before the final climb to the summit. I had two coolers in the trunk of my car and a basket of snacks, so nothing elaborate, but I hung out in a cool place all day, met some interesting people, and ended it with an overnighter on the summit. I guess I understand some of the animosity towards some of the hiker feeds that seem out of place when you come upon them, but if it bothers you to the point that it ruins your day, you're probably just an unhappy person in general.