WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I did this section SOBO in December. If you're interested in winter pics/my whining, it's covered here, starting at boiling springs:

1-3: boiling springs to deer lick shelter

http://birthdaygirlhikes.com/2016/12...ng-springs-to/

I evidently didn't know the name of quarry gap shelter, despite it being in one of my pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by la.lindsey View Post
    I did this section SOBO in December. If you're interested in winter pics/my whining, it's covered here, starting at boiling springs:

1-3: boiling springs to deer lick shelter

http://birthdaygirlhikes.com/2016/12...ng-springs-to/

I evidently didn't know the name of quarry gap shelter, despite it being in one of my pictures.

Wow great blog and what an adventure

Registered User dudeijuststarted's Avatar
    Images

My very first section and where I discovered the AT by accident while walking around Caledonia SP! We asked a ranger where the Appalachian Trail was and he just pointed to the white blaze without looking at us. He is now forever idolized in our group as "Hard Ranger." This section also includes my favorite shelter on the AT (Birch Run) which has tons of room to set up camp.

I almost died trying to do PGF to Caledonia in a single day as our first AT outing (although on my thru it was like going for a Saturday AM stoll lol.) Two days you will be fine. It's a beautiful and well maintained section of trail, I hope you enjoy it and fall in love with the trail...

Quote Originally Posted by dudeijuststarted View Post
    My very first section and where I discovered the AT by accident while walking around Caledonia SP! We asked a ranger where the Appalachian Trail was and he just pointed to the white blaze without looking at us. He is now forever idolized in our group as "Hard Ranger." This section also includes my favorite shelter on the AT (Birch Run) which has tons of room to set up camp.

I almost died trying to do PGF to Caledonia in a single day as our first AT outing (although on my thru it was like going for a Saturday AM stoll lol.) Two days you will be fine. It's a beautiful and well maintained section of trail, I hope you enjoy it and fall in love with the trail...
    Thank you - plans are coming together for a May 12-13 adventure - probably not getting on the trail till noon or so on Friday, hopefully making it 10 miles to the shelter then finishing up on Saturday at Eagle Rock in PGF

Hello everyone!!
    I am the brother for this trip, BTW. Might I say, awesome info and feedback on this trek!! Very helpful! I am sooo ready to get out into the wild!!

Quote Originally Posted by thedom View Post
    Hello everyone!!
    I am the brother for this trip, BTW. Might I say, awesome info and feedback on this trek!! Very helpful! I am sooo ready to get out into the wild!!
    Hey thedom - welcome to our feed

Only 5 days left!

Here is a small pic sample of this hike IF ya'll are interested we can post more pics...?

how did it go?
    We just did this section in reverse (SOBO) starting in Pine Grove and finishing in Caledonia over 3 days 2 nights. 6 miles, 11 miles & 2 miles. The finish in Caledonia was steep downhill, must have been a tough start for a long 2 days if you did that.

AJ of the SLAC Pak

Quote Originally Posted by SLACPak-AJ View Post
    how did it go?
    We just did this section in reverse (SOBO) starting in Pine Grove and finishing in Caledonia over 3 days 2 nights. 6 miles, 11 miles & 2 miles. The finish in Caledonia was steep downhill, must have been a tough start for a long 2 days if you did that.

AJ of the SLAC Pak
    It was a great first hike for us - since then we have done several more similar trips on the AT and we are planning one hopefully in the next month or so (the south half of MD). Planning a 2 day hike again starting Friday ending Saturday. Then we will have completed all of MD and from the MD/PA line up to Duncanon PA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++