WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Trail Journal

Default Trail Journal

I've finished a new edit of the online trail journal from my thru-hike in 2010.

I'd taken it off-line for a little while, but now it's back.

In case you're interested:

Hiking the Colorado Trail

Thank you for the heads up, I'll need to vheck it out again. I enjoyed reading about your Long Trail and Colorado Trail hikes.l

That's timing.....i just happened across your journey a few days ago while looking at the western route around twin lakes....actually posted it in thread....great job on the very well written and inspiring journal....I'm hoping to do CT this summer but have a limited time so will be a faster pace unfortunately....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Images

Well, I've said this before when you posted Duct Tape. I am unable to view your site. I've tried it with two different browsers on my laptop with my home ISP account. No luck, I repeatedly just get a message "website took too long to respond" with the frowny face.

Thinking, perhaps, it was an ISP and domain server issue, I just now tried to reach downthetrail.com via my cell phone 4G LTE service. Guess what, "website took too long to respond" and the same frowny face.

I'm disappointed, I followed you on your bike trip, then read your AT journal quite a while back. Hoped to see your new version. Just a heads up that their may be some kind of issue going on with accessibility.

Can anyone explain what the issue might be, why I cannot view the page but others can? Open to suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Well, I've said this before when you posted Duct Tape. I am unable to view your site. I've tried it with two different browsers on my laptop with my home ISP account. No luck, I repeatedly just get a message "website took too long to respond" with the frowny face.

Thinking, perhaps, it was an ISP and domain server issue, I just now tried to reach downthetrail.com via my cell phone 4G LTE service. Guess what, "website took too long to respond" and the same frowny face.

I'm disappointed, I followed you on your bike trip, then read your AT journal quite a while back. Hoped to see your new version. Just a heads up that their may be some kind of issue going on with accessibility.

Can anyone explain what the issue might be, why I cannot view the page but others can? Open to suggestions.
    Strange...works good be from my iphone

Images

Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post
    Strange...works good be from my iphone

Not much help, but works fine/great for me on my computers as well. Must be some weird setting you have Lyle.

Anyway, fantastic journal and pics, thanks Duct tape!

Lyle I tried sending you a private message but it says your inbox is full?

++ New Posts ++