WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    Amen! It was 38 F on my deck yesterday morning. In Texas. How many folks in Florida ever experience 38 F? Or sleep in that temperature?
    Y'all are at a serious disadvantage.
    Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    **** I'm not sure if we reached freezing once in coastal Ne Fl this winter....many local outfitters have knowledgeable staff just don't have the market to carry much ul gear especially the big 3 items....

Way back when I had the same problem in New Orleans. Fortunately REI, Trailwise, LL Bean and others sent out catalogs.
    Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

You may want to take a look at hammock gear's Econ quilts.

Do yourself a favor, buy a the best Western Mountaineering bag that you can afford. One that specifically fits your needs. Many of them come in four different lengths, some models are "bigger" for us XL guys, (thank you!), and they come in a variety of lofts of fit your temp needs. I promise that you won't be sorry. I know they are pricey, trust me, I know, but you won't be sorry. If you take care of it, it will last a long time. Save up! Did I mention that you won't be sorry?

I own both an Exos 48 and an Exos 58. Yes, I love these models! I choose the size pack based on trip duration, conditions, etc. I use a Western Mountaineering regular length Megalite for cooler weather trips. Yes, it's very expensive. But like other posters have noted, this bag is well worth the hefty price.

IMO Feather Friends has better down bags because Western Mountaineering uses velcro for neck closure, which sucks. On the other hand, down quilts are way to go. Not only they are lighter in weight and smaller in size, but also they are less expensive. Check out Enlightened Equipment's Revelation http://enlightenedequipment.com/revelation/

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++