WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Imusa-Aluminu.../dp/B0018EA048

Here's a 1.5l version as well... previous was .9l.

Decent shape for right in the fire, bigger capacities and no lids to find. No idea on weights or if the handle collapses or is removable.
    hey, just bill.
    I have featured the 1.5-quart pot in my kit with the handle knob removed and replaced with 1.5mm p cord. I have also left out the strainer too. I plan on cutting the handle off and creating an alternative lid with an aluminum can.

Quote Originally Posted by scope422 View Post
    Never post much here but figured I'd chime in on this one. I believe the 1.5L Imusa and the Mainstays grease pot in Walmart are the same. It's a great pot when cooking for 2 but too large for 1. Use it on coals and its fine, but yes, handle gets very hot, always keep a bandana in the pot for hot handling and cleaning. I also have the Imusa 10cm and 12cm cups. The grease pot is the same diameter as the 12cm cup but taller and flared at the top for lid. For me, the 10cm cup is too small. The 12cm cup is my absolute favorite, I love it, with me on every trip. Use it in fire as well, handle does get very hot also. You can use the bottom of a powdered iced tea or Gatorade mix container as a lid, fits on 12cm cup. Fuel canisters fit in it perfectly as well. 4.45oz with lid and costs like $3.

Attachment 39208
    10cm, 12cm and grease pot.

Attachment 39209
    Thanks- Seeing them side by side helps. I wasn't really aware of the 12cm before this thread. Looks like a nice goldilocks size for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Alligator View Post
    Yeah I have one that is not exactly lost I just don't where it is exactly. The one pot set I use it for I don't use regularly. When I do bring that set, I waste about 20-30 minutes looking for it until I finally remember a better solution for me. I carry the Leatherman style PS multi-tool. It's a really small one and it has the pliers and scissors. I use the pliers as the pot lifter. Now it too has the potential to get lost but it has a carabiner clip and I religiously attach it to my pack or a belt loop when I do use it. A bandana works or gloves or a hat but sometimes the flames are running up the pot side and I need something metal.

Of course, perhaps it is too much multi-tool ...I mean the clip is also a bottle opener and who the hell needs that? It's not like I plan on a few beers when I know there's a trash can I'll be passing by the next day or spending the night front country at some point during the trip. None of the guides really say where stores sell singles either, it's really problematic about when a guy might use it. Nearly useless that feature.
    I like those very much as well. The scissors version was an EDC for quite awhile so pulled the trigger on the pliers version a while back thinking that (with a splicing needle) would make a nice addition to my kit as well. Hadn't considered the pot gripper options! That said, not paying attention I was a bit bummed to find the actual knife missing from the pliers version so I haven't found myself reaching for it very often as a result. The scissors do the job but I really liked the scissors version for nail trimming as it's easier to trim my toes with the bigger one for my hand size. That said... I was thinking the plier version was a nice thing to have for a family kit as the multi-tool options get out of hand quick. Love the idea of the that series as I never really liked the micro or other tools. The clip is my favorite feature and the formfactor behind the concept is a winner IMO...

The bottle opener (plier model) is the second most used tool in my sewing shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    Any of you stovies try this pot- https://www.amazon.com/Imusa-IMUSA-I...3PYPNYW5R95XS0

IMUSA grease dispenser? Saw it pop up someplace but forgot to bring it up here.
    The mainstay grease pot from walmart is made by IMUSA. It even says it on the bottom of the pot. I imagine they are the same or very very close.

Very nice!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++