WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Anish has True Grit.
    You go!
    Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

GAME 06

Re the Anish hike of the Colo Trail

The current record is set at 51.0 mpd at 9.52 days for the 486 miles.

9 days of food - say approx 22.5 lbs (since there is no town gorging one needs more in the pack per day)

Anish's base weight is likely very low - say 10 lbs?

Starting weight estimate - 35 to 40 lbs depending on initial water requirements and her actual food lbs/per day amount.

Can she hump this much weight doing high miles? You bet. She has the FKT on the AZT and went from Pine to Summerhaven (some 270 miles) without food resupply through a section which requires up to 5 liters of water be carried at times and is very rugged in places. And of course this is just at the start and the weight goes down each day. Also, if I remember correctly, she cranked 6 straight 50+ miles per day in Oregon when setting her PCT record so there is no reason to think she does not have a good chance.

It will be interesting to read how this turns out.

Anish is currently on the Oregon Desert Trail. That's one way to stay in shape when much of the world is covered with snow. New snow even.
    Wayne

Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."

the CT unsupported time has a lot of room for improvement. i think that the current supported time is within reach in an unsupported fashion. and not only is anish going for it, but also bronson is going back this year.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by MrClahn View Post
    John Zahorian set the unsupported record last year (no resupplies), in nine and a half days. He posted a great video about it, dude's as much of a beast as she is. My understanding is the CT is a much more competitive record and for once, she might be in for a surprise.
    I was going to mention JZ. He slept in one day and lost several hours, so she might have a good chance of beating him if she wakes up on time!
    "Though I have lost the intimacy with the seasons since my hike, I retain the sense of perfect order, of graceful succession and surrender, and of the bold brilliance of fall leaves as they yield to death." - David Brill

Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    Anish is currently on the Oregon Desert Trail. That's one way to stay in shape when much of the world is covered with snow. New snow even.
    Wayne

Instagram/anishhikes-
    "And on the 40th day ...
    COLORADO!"
    The CDT that is.
    Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Rmcpeak View Post
    Hoping anyone with info/updates will share. Go Annish!
    According to her FB feed, Anish is bowing out of her bid for the CO Trail FKT due to injury. Evidently she was near Searle pass and only a couple days out from the end. Not sure if she was on pace or not.

Fwiw Jawnzee is John zahorian. Haha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++