WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Thanks for stopping into Franklin,NC & Hiawassee, Ga.

From March 1st until April 30th I run several times a day on the bus from Budget Inn to Winding Stair, Wallace, and Rock Gap in Franklin and in Hiawassee we go to Dicks Creek and Unicoi Gaps. We will help you any way we can if you call us but our scheduled shuttles stopped yesterday.. Thanks again for visiting our towns and patronizing our businesses. If I am not asking too much I would like to see all who stopped in, please post your visit experience. We at Baltimore Jack Hostel, Budget Inn of Hiawassee, and Budget Inn of Franklin, NC all wish you the very best on your 2017 hike. Hope to see all of you again someday soon. Ron Haven Hiker Services

Hiker_Bus_1.JPG
    Last edited by Ron Haven; 05-01-2017 at 23:38.

Images

Not going to get to your area this year but I sure enjoyed my time there. You are a great host and an inspiration. Wishing you only the best for years to come.
    "The difficult can be done immediately, the impossible takes a little longer"

I was just in Hiawassee a few days ago and unfortunately for me, the Budget Inn was full so I had to go down the street. I did get to hang around the Inn while waiting for a shuttle to Gainesville so I could get home and the staff was helpful in recommending shuttle drivers and letting me use the computer to buy my train ticket.

There were still a lot of hikers around the area, both thru and section hikers, so it would be nice if you could extend the "bubble" season a few more weeks into May, it would help out a lot of the late season hikers, of which there seems to be plenty of.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    I was just in Hiawassee a few days ago and unfortunately for me, the Budget Inn was full so I had to go down the street. I did get to hang around the Inn while waiting for a shuttle to Gainesville so I could get home and the staff was helpful in recommending shuttle drivers and letting me use the computer to buy my train ticket.

There were still a lot of hikers around the area, both thru and section hikers, so it would be nice if you could extend the "bubble" season a few more weeks into May, it would help out a lot of the late season hikers, of which there seems to be plenty of.
    Slogoem,Stop into Franklin..

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Haven View Post
    Slogoem,Stop into Franklin..
    Wish I could, but I'm already back home in NH
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

I section hiked first week of April, and I stayed my first night at BI Franklin. You guys arranged a shuttle to AFSP for me the next morning, and Sly kept an eye on my car the entire week. I then got a nice shower at the end of my hike over at the Hostel. It was nice having all those services available in one spot. Thanks a bunch!

Stayed with you in both Franklin and Hiawassee last year,and it was great. Priced so we could afford it,very clean and helpful advice. Free ride to trailhead was great,not so fancy we felt out of place,but not a dump. In short,perfect place for a hiker. We were green enough we did not really know our way around,and talking to you really helped. Thanks for what you do Ron,hope you keep it going for lots of future hikers!

Came in 6 hours out to meet Mailbox from Savannah for a much needed respite at The Budget Inn Memorial Day week slackpacking Standing Indian and Wayah Bald. Thanks for providing such a value to the folks! Such a perfect place with an awesome host, maybe we will see you the next go 'round. Baltimore Jack's new place touched my heart. Thanks, again.

Hopeing to stop by Hiawassee in September when I go out for 10-12 days

++ New Posts ++