WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Heads up....online rei has Altra Olympus 2.0 under $75.00

Unfortunately don't have size 13 figured I'd pass along....as new 2.5 out now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being I need a 13 as well I'll pass thanks for the heads up for everyone else though!!!!

NOBO March 2018

Man can only find oneself while alone on the Appalachian Trail. There his mind if free to explore his thoughts, the Universe and eventually find his true self. -Ernest Hemingway

Altra Olympus 2.0 runs small. A men's 13 should try a men's 14. None at REI. They are the same price at massdrop, but only in 13's, no 14's...

Quote Originally Posted by ScareBear View Post
    Altra Olympus 2.0 runs small. A men's 13 should try a men's 14. None at REI. They are the same price at massdrop, but only in 13's, no 14's...
    Are the Olympus sized same as lone peak 3.0 as the 13 in the LP fit perfectly? I recently bought a pair of Altra Torin 2.5 size 12...my normal workout/tennis shoe size and they fit nicely....but not accounting for swelling that occurs on a long walk....

Images

I normally wear a 9.5, I wear a 10 comfortably in the Olympus 2.0 - thanks the find, great deal.

TU Saltysack and Scarebear. You two sound like two WWF wrastlers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    TU Saltysack and Scarebear. You two sound like two WWF wrastlers.
    Haaa my nick name was "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair in college......woooooo

Very good time to pick up the Neoshell Lonepeak as well.
    I wouldn't recommend it for the main season (it's hot) but I found it a great winter shoe worth having around. With the little extra heat I found myself wearing the shoe with just my standard darn tuff sock even on a couple of winter hang trips where mainy we were just standing around sipping whiskey.

PS- I can't remember which series of Olympus I had but they fit the same as the LP at the time... but that could have been 1 or 1.5.

Amazon and other places have some clearance shoes as well- so does Altra's page so worth checking in there if you're bargain hunting and willing to take an ugly color. Size 13 Olympus there now in yellow.

In "normal" feet the Olympus 2.0 runs 1/2 to 1 size small, IMHO and those of most owners. Altra, and most other MFR's stop 1/2 sizing at 13. Altra makes 13's but no 13 1/2 and a 14 but no 14 1/2. I don't think they make 15's.

Hoka's seem to run a 1/2 size small in some models as well. My Stinson 3ATR's are 1/2 size larger than my normal runner and it's just a fit. All my hiking/climbing footwear is 10.5 except for Altra's and Hoka's....I had some Nike runners 15 years ago that went a full size small and a full width narrow....and they only lasted 120miles before the micro thin sole bottom gave out...light though...all my other footwear is right at 10.5....

runningwarehouse dot com is a pretty good site for low prices on many brands. They have a few great dealios on Hoka's, including current models. The sight is stupidly designed, though...be sure to type in the brand you want to see all the options....

++ New Posts ++