WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Gore-Tex Windstopper - Slow Drying?

Over the years, I'm starting to think Gore-Tex Winstopper gloves & hats seem to get wet and not dry well. I'm thinking regular fleece is better - shells over gloves for wet days and hood up over hat.

I'm partial to Polartec Windbloc. It's a lot less bulky and lighter than my one jacket made with Windstopper.
    Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

For nearly 20 yrs, I've worked as a downhill bicycle tour guide, leading rides down Haleakala. For several years, we passed out Gore Windstopper jackets to the clients. When they got wet, they were very difficult to dry. Nowadays, we use a fleece jacket​ the Boss buys from Costco. It dries much faster than the Windstopper jackets, is still warm when wet, and is cheaper too. Given a choice, I'll pass on Windstopper.
    Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt, and the forest and field in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul.--Fred Bear

www.misadventuregear.com

++ New Posts ++