WhiteBlaze Pages
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
$10 for printed copy(paperback). $6 for interactive PDF. $2 for printable PDF.
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    09-06-2015
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    159
    Journal Entries
    2

    Default

    I sent them a pic of trip A highlighted on the map. All were in agreement and happy about the waterfalls.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-10-2008
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Age
    39
    Posts
    397

    Default

    Sipsey's great! I love how sandy the river bed is --makes for great swimming holes. you gotta keep an eye on the river gauges. they rise and fall pretty quickly and it's hard to plan more than a few miles in Sipsey without crossing the river.

  3. #23

    Join Date
    05-05-2011
    Location
    state of confusion
    Posts
    9,869
    Journal Entries
    1

  4. #24
    Registered User kestral's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-12-2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Florida
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Sounds like a lot of fun, either option!

    My only suggestions would be to be willing to cancel for bad weather and make sure you have bug protection.

    I just got back from a 3 night out trip and was covered with bites (over 50) that I never felt until they started to itch. Maybe no see ums? Not fleas or mosquitos, don't think bed bugs as I was at a shelter one nite and in tent other two. I'm one of those people who swell and rash at any provocation. The trip was still great fun though.

    best of luck!

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    09-06-2015
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    159
    Journal Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kestral View Post
    Sounds like a lot of fun, either option!

    My only suggestions would be to be willing to cancel for bad weather and make sure you have bug protection.

    I just got back from a 3 night out trip and was covered with bites (over 50) that I never felt until they started to itch. Maybe no see ums? Not fleas or mosquitos, don't think bed bugs as I was at a shelter one nite and in tent other two. I'm one of those people who swell and rash at any provocation. The trip was still great fun though.

    best of luck!
    I've tried to stress the bug thing more than once. Lol. And yeah, I'm keeping an eye on the weather. I've waited out one nasty thunderstorm by the Sipsey river and it was not fun at all.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    09-06-2015
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    159
    Journal Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    That is a wonderful map. Would you mind if I printed it? Or did you purchase this somewhere?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #27

    Join Date
    05-05-2011
    Location
    state of confusion
    Posts
    9,869
    Journal Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by plexusbritt View Post
    That is a wonderful map. Would you mind if I printed it? Or did you purchase this somewhere?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    If you look in bottom right corner the makers email is there
    I have no idea if its still available
    I think I have another map with adjoining wilderness area, but this one was far better for the sipsey, showing many old trails/roads not on other map
    Last edited by MuddyWaters; 05-16-2017 at 22:48.

  8. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    09-06-2015
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    159
    Journal Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    If you look in bottom right corner the makers email is there
    I have no idea if its still available
    I think I have another map with adjoining wilderness area, but this one was far better for the sipsey, showing many old trails/roads not on other map
    Thank you for pointing that out. I'll definitely be shooting him an email.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •