WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

A bit of a zombie thread but the only bus from Bangor Maine to Gorham NH is via Boston. Plan on a long day Concord Coach leave Bangor at 11 AM and then makes it to Boston South Station around 3:30PM Then Concord Coach heads north to Gorham at 4:15 PM from South Station and ends up in Gorham NH 8:30 PM. Bus service in Maine and NH is hub and spoke arrangement where everything goes through Boston. Unfortunately various websites sometimes skips the details and folks assume its a straight shot. Its about 3 hours via RT 2 an I 95 from Gorham to Bangor but no scheduled bus service. There just does not seem to be the demand to support scheduled bus service via RT 2 even though its major East West highway.

Note Concord Coach only goes from Bangor to points south. Cyr Bus lines runs the only bus from Medway to Bangor.

Journal Entries

Thanks 'peakbagger' for the info. I had heard it was a full day on the bus(s)...but the price is right at 75 bucks. May just use the 'Enterprise ' option at 145, unless it's gone up a lot by August.I get free flights to Bangor, otherwise I would fly to Boston...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++