WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Hanover NH - Overnight Stay

Any location suggestions of a place to overnight in Hanover, NH, an Inn, B&B, other? Hanover is where I need to get back on the trail, I'm not looking to camp. thanks

Images

Local residents host hikers. Call Betsy (802) 649-2801. She may be working during the day so plan ahead just a bit.
    Order your copy of the Appalachian Trail Passport at www.ATPassport.com

Green Mountain House Hostel
    Manchester Center, VT

http://www.greenmountainhouse.net

Images

JERMM!!! Nice to "see" you again!

Query: Under your member name on your post, it says "infected." Did you realize that? Have you been hacked or some such? I don't remember ever seeing that here.

Hope you are doing well.
    [I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    JERMM!!! Nice to "see" you again!

Query: Under your member name on your post, it says "infected." Did you realize that? Have you been hacked or some such? I don't remember ever seeing that here.

Hope you are doing well.
    CDC = Center for Disease Control?

During the week, there is good bus service to West Lebanon and White River Junction. The WRJ Coolage Hotel used to have a hostel. The Sunset south of Hanover is the easiest hitch.

Here is a listing of trail angels who are willing to put up hikers in the Hanover area. Jeff at the Green Mountain House passed this list out to us last summer.

thanks everyone this has been a big help

Rainman- nothing has changed, no hacking involved, all is well carry on.

Images

Plus 1 for calling Betsy. She lives right on the trail. And will find you a place if she is full. Her son thru hiked a few years ago and stayed with a family in NC for a week recoverying from some injuries. Her and her husband opened their home and started the local list in response to the kindness their son got from the hiking community.

Betsy sadly didn't host as I had called all others on the list last summer. Was told "The trail angels feel we're unable to keep up, and have had issues with Covid ourselves, happy hiking" Last year they had some local Dartmouth students posting signs offering showers laundry camping, but that list was only four kids and only one could host if at all, as well the local hostel that operated in Norwich VT Hanover adventure tours has since closed as well, as of July 22, 2023.

++ New Posts ++