WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default pee in a bottle or not

only sometimes when im in the winter i use a colapsable water bottle to pee in the middle of the night or in the early morn.its so hard to get dressed and get out sometimes.then you have to rinse it and carry it .does anyone else ever do this?i know the couple of times ive done it ,it was alot less energy wasted but also it was kind of imbarressing to talk about.i learned it out west on the divide but used it as a kid on the AT.whats your method of dealing with cold nitime trips to the woods to pee?signed,...small blattermat.

Images

Um, don't drink so much? I headed for the woods. I can just see it, it's dark, my contacts are out and I can't find my glasses, I've been snoring so my throat is dry and there are two bottles.

Default right ,..i know

i drink a gallon a day in the city.its cause im thirsty.but if you did try it i think you would feel like me,.....its great but its gross.in the future tents will hve privies.and further in the future the trail will be heated and air conditioned.with a monorail.okay this thread is stupid.im sorry.

mweinstone, unquenchable thirst is a sign of diabetes. If that's a potential concern (based on your body type and eating habits), it's worth checking out. Don't mean to pry, but I'd rather you know and find out than not know and I not have said it. My mom is diabetic, and she'd have been much better off to have found out years earlier.

As for peeing in a bottle, I think that's pretty common! Lots of people keep an empty bottle for just that purpose.
    Sardis Thru-Hiker Club - A 6.73 miler.

Geezer

Quote Originally Posted by Hikes in Rain
    Um, don't drink so much?
    It's not that simple if you have an enlarged prostate. Multiple nightly trips are the norm no matter when you stop drinking. Under hydrating to avoid these trips is a very bad idea. Better to sleep hydrated and pee more often.

The problem of mixing bottles is simply avoided if you mark your pee bottle with a skull and cross bones.

To save weight, I use a ZipLoc pea bag, the gallon size. Not that I need a gallon, but the wide opening is very useful not to pee on your sleeping bag in a small tartptent. There is no need to talk about this with anyone on the trail if you don't want to. Discreetly empty the bag in the morning, either in the privy or in the woods.

I put the pee bag in a second gallon bag to store cleanly in my backpack. Both are marked with a skull and crossbones so I won't accidently use them to hold food.
    Frosty

I find that the small stout Koolaid or Countrytime lemon ade bottles work best. Once the top is removed the large openings are funnel shaped to help prevent spillage and they hold a bladders worth.

Images

Default Pee bottle in a hammock...not

Chuckle... I used to use a pee bottle (empty gatorade bottle - wider mouth is a good thing!), until I went from ground pounding to hanging in my hammock. The first night I swung between the trees I actually tried the pee bottle in the hammock........I won't go into any details, but let's just say I now step out of the hammock and go behind the tree.....
    Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Jeez, I pee in bottles all the time. I've even peed in my food pot to avoid leaving the tent when its cold. I always reach out the tent and dump it though...

Default this is funny

all yall bottle peein biatches is crackin me up.everybodys got their own special bottle.i seriously thaught i was a freak.when you pee in your cookpot ,youve obviously lost the battle that goes on in your head when you wake up at 4am ,...the one that goes,...oh man..i gotta go.nah i can wait,....crap ,i cant wait....oh man i waited to long......oh well....

Some people wrap their duct tape around their pee bottle to mark it.

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone
    all yall bottle peein biatches is crackin me up.everybodys got their own special bottle.i seriously thaught i was a freak.when you pee in your cookpot ,youve obviously lost the battle that goes on in your head when you wake up at 4am ,...the one that goes,...oh man..i gotta go.nah i can wait,....crap ,i cant wait....oh man i waited to long......oh well....
    I've even done it in my house so I don't have to go downstairs or wait for my turn...used to do it all the freakin time in college when I was the lone male living in a house with 10 females and two bathrooms...In fact this habit has been with me as long as I can remember..car trips...
    Last edited by bfitz; 01-28-2006 at 21:53.

When I worked at the mello yello bottling plant we peed in bottles all the time

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyT
    When I worked at the mello yello bottling plant we peed in bottles all the time
    Nooooooooooooo.................................... ....!

No......but I might have if I'd ever worked there.

Default Even the girls do it...

.. although some not so successfully. A few years back someone was named Ziplock after an unfortunate accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Sly
    .. although some not so successfully. A few years back someone was named Ziplock after an unfortunate accident.
    Didn't someone female hike with a five gallon bucket...

Livin' life in the drive thru! hikerjohnd's Avatar
    Images

thought about carrying a pee bottle - but when I start packing and the scale comes out, it is usually the first thing to leave behind...
    So be it.
    --John

Why not use depends instead. Works well on a long day of football watching.

Being serious though....I use a bottle all the time.

Section Hiker 500 miles smokymtnsteve's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyT
    Why not use depends instead. Works well on a long day of football watching.

Being serious though....I use a bottle all the time.
    U must be related to ronnie reagan
    "I'd rather kill a man than a snake. Not because I love snakes or hate men. It is a question, rather, of proportion." Edward Abbey

No.....but I did meet him once.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++