WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

:banana Seeking Colorado Trail Section Hike Partners for the Summer

I am seeking section hike partners for this summer for the Colorado Trail. Every year I post something similar and haven't had much luck here or on Trail Forums. Maybe this will be the year!

My name is Brad (trail name "Doxen"). I have done the first 7 sections (ending at Copper Mountain) and would like to meet like-minded hikers to join me this year. I plan on doing a 5-6 day section as well as a few shorter days section here or there this summer. I wanted to start one section in July around the 4th, but my dates throughout the summer (and through September) are flexible. I prefer 10-15 miles per day as I sometimes find the high elevation here challenging to breathe, so I often slow down above treeline.

I have a decent amount of backpacking experience. I've done several hundred miles on the A.T (including Katahdin) and quite a bit of the CT. I'm 34, easy-going, and have met several others on this forum who did the A.T. with me in the past (in case you need someone to vouch for the fact that I'm not a psycho). I'm open to hiking with males or females, couples, dogs, cats, old, young, local, non-local, foreign. I just like the company even though we don't have to hike entire days together - just meet at camp if that's what is preferred. I am willing to hike any section in Colorado except the first 7 sections. I will even hike with you if you are a newbie, as long as you agree on a few things ahead of time (don't pack the kitchen sink, leave the gun at home, have at least 1 leg, aren't a quitter, are level headed, etc).

I live in Denver, so logistically, things are easy to hike with me even if you're an out-of-towner and know nothing about Colorado or are concerned about logistic challenges. If interested, please message me directly. Thanks for reading.

FullSizeRender_1.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg
    Last edited by bpowell1014; 05-23-2017 at 19:09.

I just joined this forum yesterday. June 9 I plan to start my section hiking goals. I am going to do section 1 to 5 that weekend plus some days. I get back from my annual family vacation July 10 and can join you on a section or two. I routinely get 3-4 day weekends.

I live in Morrison.

Colin.

I'm starting sometime in July- either the first week or the third week. Sounds like there will be plenty of people on trail this year also. If we could link up times I'd be cool with joining up.

I'm due to start July 3 at IC. I'm on a 22-23 day schedule so maybe I'll see y'all out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope to start Section 1 sometime in June. Maybe get through Section 5 in a week.

Going to start at section 19 this weekend til about Aug 3. Welcome to join.

++ New Posts ++