WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Killington to Hanover this week

Going to hike from Killington to Hanover..Plan to leave truck at the Inn at Long Trail on Monday afternoon and head for Hanover..There are 8 dollar Greyhound tickets to be returned to Killington on Thursday afternoon. Short notice and looks like the frog toggs will be needed but I gotta take a window when I can get it. I usually go it alone but if anyone is interested?

Wear your Duck shoes, you'll need them. No way am I going into the woods around here anytime soon...
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Hahaha... sounds safe to say slo-go'en is a no-go for this trip!.. is it pretty rough out there? I hear there will be snow on Mount Washington this week.. Due to schedule if I waited for ideal conditions I would have very few miles..I've had some pretty funny experiences...like hiking 17 miles down a closed blue ridge parkway into Glasgow during freakish March Virginia snowstorm.. Emergency blanket made for nice trail runners lining!.. So duck shoes it will be!!.. Thanks

Yeah, I would expect it to be pretty sloppy. There's still enough snowpack on Killington for them to open the mountain for free skiing yesterday. Add in all the rain we've been getting and I would guess it to be a great mud season. Not to mention the flies are real nasty right now where there's any standing water. Not trying to spoil your plans, I totally get acting on available windows. But them is the facts. Please tread carefully the trails are especially fragile this time of year.
    -My feet are my only carriage so I've got to push on through-

Wow...still skiing in June at Killington!..That is pretty wild..Thanks for the update VT Mike..and we get a bad snow rap over here South of Buffalo,Ny....the skiing season has been long forgotten ....I'll do my best to be respectful of your local trails....I suppose if it is too dicey they will be serving majic hat at McGrath's!!

If having a beverage at the Inn gotta have a Long Trail, "Take a hike!". It's brewed just miles down Rt4 in Bridgewater and its namesake is the trail the Inn is on. Well the skiing story at Killington is rooted in hosting the World Cup and the measures they took to make it happen, questionable IMHO.

Long Trail it will be!...That will work good too for the wording of my cover story to the the family if it turns it more drinking than hiking! Do you have any info on the parking lot across from the inn?.. I hear there is a possibility for tenting there if the need be before the drive home?

The parking lot across from the Inn is rather large. I've seen tents set up there, at peak thru. In a pinch some OK spots near the back edges of the lot.

++ New Posts ++