WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Crocs or Chacos

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Sawyer View Post
    Bravo!!!!!'!!!!!! My god ! Thank you for saying it! (I'm nearly in tears). I couldn't agree with you more. The endless hemming and hawing , a bivvy sack or a hammock I can't decide , what are the pros and cons? What kind of toilet paper should I use? What if I get monkey butt. What if it rains? What if I get cold? Jeeze! Thank you Thank you. You and I may be accused of hate speech or triggering somebody but it needed to be said.
    May be some truth to this. I have a special strategy to avoid reading threads that are obviously about topics I don't care about it. It's pretty good and I will share it: I don't click into those threads.
    But sometimes I do want to see people hash out the pros and cons of the latest .4 oz spade. So then I click that thread.

I just finished a cup of coffee. would it be ok if I take a poop now, or should I wait until after I leave the house?

http://www.postholer.com/ontrail
    2011 H.F.-Duncannon, Katahdin-Rangeley
    2012 Springer-Erwin

Quote Originally Posted by bayview View Post
    Not sure if this has been batted around, but reviewing I did not see recent but what is better camp shoe? Both have pros and cons. Chacos are better for town, wet conditions and staying on feet but on the heavy side. Crocs are light, stay dry, and comfortable.
    I don't know how fads get started, but I've seen more Crocs strapped on people's packs than any other camp shoe. In short, my opinion is neither is good for through hiking because of excess weight. If you don't care about how many pounds your pack weighs, Chacos are the best. I hiked the entire John Muir Trail in them! The soles are Vibram and the adjustable straps keep them on your feet. I'd say the only con is that the rubber they use picks up bacteria easily and unless you sanitize them frequently, they get funky smelling fast.
    Rock Steady (2013 AT Thru-hiker)

Some people are rude. If you do not like what is being asked then skip on by. I was asking merely for people's experience with either as I know what I have experienced doing something and people ask and i explain my beliefs with them. Is this site not for helping people with decisions or are some people elitist and put down people that don't have the same experience. After my section hike of crocs, I was happy with the choice and used input from positive helpful posts not over riotous opinionated closedmineded people that criticize everyone different from themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Whack-a-mole View Post
    I swear I'm not trying to be rude, but why don't you just take the shoes that you want to take for petes sake. My gosh, it seems people can't even go poop without asking someone's opinion about it.
    Uh....because maybe someone found a shoe you're not aware of and it might be better than what you have.

That is pretty much why I stopped looking at this site for years. FWIW Crocs are lighter, Waldies lighter yet & Walmart knockoffs are even lighter. But if I anticipate stream crossings, wading, or easy graded trail, I will bring Chacos and will occasionally hike in them.

Quote Originally Posted by hikermiker View Post
    That is pretty much why I stopped looking at this site for years. FWIW Crocs are lighter, Waldies lighter yet & Walmart knockoffs are even lighter. But if I anticipate stream crossings, wading, or easy graded trail, I will bring Chacos and will occasionally hike in them.
    These are on seasonal close-out at Walgreens. Great shoe. You can even hike in them. I've gone up and down Max Patch while wearing them...

https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/ho...348637-product

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++