Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Seeking NOBO 2018 Partner

I know it's fairly early to be thinking about next spring but I will be hiking NOBO and looking for a partner or to start a small group of the same. I haven't set a date, open to ideas but looking at sometime March/April 2018 to start.

I'm in the same boat. I retire March 1, 2018 and looking to start at Springer shortly thereafter. I'll be 55 years old but fairly fit and an avid hiker & backpacker.

I am definitely interested! This has been something I've been wanting to do for the past few years now, just never got serious enough about it. I'm a novice backpacker but love to camp, hike etc. Weary about starting the hike alone, so looking for company for at least the first couple weeks.

I'm planning a 2018 thru-hike with a start sometime in March in celebration of my 60th birthday (December 31, 2017). I have not backpacked before, but for some reason this has always called to me. I figure it's now or never! I have done a lot of camping, kayaking, bicycling and have kept myself in pretty good shape through the years. I will do a couple 2-3 day hikes this summer here on the trails in Michigan and at the end of August I'm doing a 6 day shake down hike on the AT up Massachusetts with my old college roommate! While I don't "think" I want a steady partner everyday for the thru-hike, I sure would like to know a few women going out around the same timeframe. It would be nice to meet up here and there at the campsites, towns and shelters etc. It's also nice to hear what everyone is doing to get ready... physically, mentally, and what gear you are choosing etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Roz, I think we are in a pretty similar situation. I am a novice and am looking for someone to start my NOBO hike with. It looks like sometime between March 1-15 will be an ideal start date for me. When are you thinking about heading out?
    I am starting to collect my gear and will be going on many practice hikes this summer. It would be a lot of fun to have someone to bounce my ideas off of. Feel free to message me. Talk soon!

For everyone else, let me know if you have any tips or are interested in starting together. I am also open to heading out in the last week of February. Thanks!

Hello, I'm starting a NB thru hike in March as well. My dates are flexible, probably mid-March. I have a few people who would like to meet me along the way for sections here and there, but I'm considering myself a solo hiker.

I have limited experience in hiking, but pretty good on overall endurance. Got 80% of my gear and looking forward to practicing with all of it throughout the rest of the year. Cheers,

Meesh

Hi All! I am planning a 3 month section hike starting April/May 2018. Might not work out for timing with everyone else but great to know other women planning to hike the trail next year!

I am also considering a NB hike in 2018 and would be interested in hiking partners.

Heading NOBO in 2018 but am looking at mid-February for my start date.

I'm looking to start April/May 2018. I definitely don't want to start alone.

I'm starting around the same time. Let me know if you want a partner

I'm interested in starting with a partner. I'm leaving NOBO from Springer, probably mid-February. Please PM me if you want to talk further.

Default Hiking partner interest

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila B View Post
    For everyone else, let me know if you have any tips or are interested in starting together. I am also open to heading out in the last week of February. Thanks!
    I am also a novice hiker planning to start around the beginning of March. Would you be interested in starting out together?

mrsempeel & I have a start date of February 25 for anyone interested PM your email so we can better communicate

Hey guys! I'm starting around February 17th. I'm taking off winter semester and hoping to finish around mid August in order to get back in time for school. I'm okay with going solo, but I think it would be fun to at least start with someone

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

I looking into starting my 2018 thru hike in mid to late February. I will be going in at Neel Gap. My biggest concern is weather. Thoughts?

I'm looking to start around February 20-22.
    I'm 52 and have a couple of week long treks on the AT under my belt, but can't wait to start my thru hike.

Quote Originally Posted by Khs777 View Post
    I'm looking to start around February 20-22.
    I'm 52 and have a couple of week long treks on the AT under my belt, but can't wait to start my thru hike.
    Hi there, we have a group of 4 now starting on February 25th. You’re welcome to join us. We have all ages, right out of high school, around 39, middle 50’s and me... i will have just turned 60! Ouch! We all seem to have hiked some but not a lot sounding much like your description. Message me if you’re interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JBeachSuperStar View Post
    I looking into starting my 2018 thru hike in mid to late February. I will be going in at Neel Gap. My biggest concern is weather. Thoughts?
    Hi there, we have a group of 4 now starting on February 25th. You’re welcome to join us. We have all ages, right out of high school, around 30, middle 50’s and me... i will have just turned 60! Ouch!

I have the same concern, but followed EarlyRiser71 last year on YouTube who started a week earlier. Cab be chilly at times, but if you stay dry with right layers should be fine.

Message me if you are interested and I’ll fill you in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++