WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default North Adams, MA parking

Where is the best place in North Adams, MA for overnight parking?
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

I've parked right at the trailhead at Phelps Rd. overnight. So the car was only there a bit over 24 hours. It's a quiet residential neighborhood.

Phelps Ave., sorry.

Ok, thanks. How about a good place to eat....lunch and dinner?
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher & Snacktime View Post
    Ok, thanks. How about a good place to eat....lunch and dinner?
    No problem, many choices. Phelps Ave. is right off Rte. 2. Between there and Williamstown, all sorts of places to eat on either side of Rte. 2. There's a lively eatery right on the Williams College campus, and more just off-campus.

Heading east on Rt. 2 (from Phelps Ave.) nothing much till you're in N. Adams proper. There are a few restaurants and pubs there as well.

Well, if you're in the neighborhood this July, PM me and join us for lunch or dinner...Rain Man, Moose717, Gumball, and me

AT 11,000 Miler
    Images

Greylock Community Club is a great place to park. Right on the trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Blue View Post
    Greylock Community Club is a great place to park. Right on the trail.
    I saw that too. Do they require permission for overnight? The decision will be left to the car-owner, but thanks for the ideas Rafe and Captain.

Images

I saw that too. Do they require permission for overnight? The decision will be left to the car-owner, but thanks for the ideas Rafe and Captain.
    Just park me where I won't get towed ... More important ... THE FOOD! I have 100% faith in you and your awesome planning ways Teacher! I will be parked safe and have a full belly.
    "Life is pure adventure, and the sooner we realize that, the quicker we will be
    able to treat life as art." Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by moose717 View Post
    Just park me where I won't get towed ... More important ... THE FOOD! I have 100% faith in you and your awesome planning ways Teacher! I will be parked safe and have a full belly.
    Ahh the food! Yeah, I have an idea or two there

Images

They request a donation to help support youth sports activities. Left my car there under a light while hiking the Long Trail for 18 days. No problem. You can call them in advance.
    Handlebar
    GA-ME 06; PCT 08; CDT 10,11,12; ALT 11; MSPA 12; CT 13; Sheltowee 14; AZT 14, 15; LT 15;FT 16;NCT-NY&PA 16; GET 17-18

Quote Originally Posted by handlebar View Post
    They request a donation to help support youth sports activities. Left my car there under a light while hiking the Long Trail for 18 days. No problem. You can call them in advance.
    Additionally, when we parked there 11 yrs ago, they requested that you come in and sign a log with model, license & estimated time you'll be back.
    Trillium

++ New Posts ++