WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Those Addicting Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites

Has anyone tried hiking with those wonderful pretzel bites with peanut butter in the middle? They have a decent weight to calorie ratio but I'm not sure how well they'd hold up to a backpacking trip. On the other hand, if they were in my pack they probably wouldn't make it very far anyways.
    "Exploration is in our nature. We began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still." ~Carl Sagan~

They go on all my trips......If you are a professional Ramen Chef like myself, may I suggest some of these delicate pretzel peanut butter bites in with some "Chilli Ramen". It is very tasty

My typical hiking trip diet consist of 2-3 big bags of combos, 1lb bag of skittles, the PB bites, ramen/ idahoens. Jack Daniels. And Town Food.
    Trail Miles: 4,927.6
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 0.0
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

We purchased a container of them from Harris Teeter to send to our son to change up his snack selection. He got a sandwich bag full a few weeks ago.

We ate the rest before we had a chance to send him any more.

I haven't asked him how they held up to shipping/backpacking because if we get any more the same thing will probably happen again and I don't need that temptation when I'm not walking miles and miles every day.

Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites were in my food back last year. Great taste and they held up well, but left a dryness in my mouth that I couldn't get past.

Images

These are a requirement for any backpacking trip. Salty sugary goodness.

where i am now, which might not be where i am tomorrow

whatever happens to them is what your teeth would ultimately do to them anyhow!

GMO wheat gluten, sugar, artificial flavors, industrial seed oils, HFCS, artificial colors... definitely addictive, as if that's good...

It's an intelligence test folks.

This is called the Standard American Diet. Also known as SAD. Diabetes much?

"My typical hiking trip diet consist of 2-3 big bags of combos, 1lb bag of skittles, the PB bites, ramen/ idahoens. Jack Daniels. And Town Food. "

++ New Posts ++