They are thieves. They stole my bandanna right from the front of the Damascus library, and I asked each of them if they had seen it, and they each replied, "No". When I went inside I asked the librarian to run back the camera footage 15 minutes, and I caught these scoundrels in the act. They returned it only after I left a note on their tent, explaining that they would face stiff penalties for failure to comply. However, they only left it at the library and never made amends or an apology.

Fast forward a few weeks later, I get up to Quarter Way Inn and meet "Chunky" the nice lady who runs it. She told me a story about these two hikers who came in unannounced, raided EVERYTHING out of the hiker box, and when asked by Chunky what they were doing..... Gadget replied, "Looking for a place to *****!"

"Chunky" said she had never been so appalled at two hikers and threatened to call the law if they wouldn't leave immediately.

These hikers are a detriment to the trail and could cause harm to your gear or hostels. Ask Quarter Way Inn to back me up on this, or even the Dreamer hostel. I spotted them at the grocery store in Pearisburg 8 days ago. Be on the lookout and stay away. They have a dog.

Here are photos of the hikers, their dog, and finally their tent. Don't say I didn't warn you.

- Rebel

IMG_0980.JPG IMG_0983.JPGIMG_0985.JPG