WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Question Trekking Companies in India

Howdy,

Does anyone here have familiarity with a trekking/guiding company in India?

I'm thinking about a week long hike in the Indian Himalaya about a year from now. I have enough frequent flier miles for a round trip flight to New Delhi, and the exchange rate makes these hikes very affordable for Americans.

I'm looking for two things: 1) Not a tourist mill that pumps out the visitors in bulk. I would come with significant hiking experience, moderate high altitude experience, and no need for the "cool factor". And 2) my primary concern would be sanitation (toilet and food). No offence to any Indians who may be on here, but India is not known for its sanitation. I think the best precaution would be a trekking company that regularly serves Westerners in addition to Indians, thus those Westerners could be a good gauge of the sanitation standards for me.

I've easily found half a dozen companies online, so I know there are a bunch. I'm hoping someone from this community could give a specific company a pro/con review.

Thanks.

If anyone in the future can comment about Indian trekking/guiding companies, please email me at the address in my profile.

Brian

++ New Posts ++