WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default 3 day trips in CT/NY/etc.

Hi there,

I'm looking for people interested in going on ~3 day trips this summer-fall. I usually get Thurs-Sat off and unfortunately my schedule isn't super flexible, though I may
    be able to go other days with plenty of advanced notice.

I'm a female in my late 20s. I love hiking/backpacking and nature. I often go solo, but would prefer to find people to go with for overnight trips.

Right now I've lost some conditioning due to being super busy with work, but I can do 10-12 mile days.

Images

I am planning a short trip here in Ct., probably in a week or two.
    Don't know if our pace would be the same but we could start out together or plan to camp in the same spots.

Journal Entries
    Images

Yes, I am interested, and need to finish certain sections in NY and CT. I am an older hiker, like to share shuttles, and hike about 2+ miles per hour, slower with lots of rocks. Am an ultralight backpacker or close to it. Like to hike at my own pace, so usually hike for short periods with others, but mostly ahead or behind others. Like to hike less on first day if I drove far, but otherwise just dependson terrain. 10-12 is OK but depends on terrain. As Mountain Wildman noted, we could start out together or plan to camp in same spots.
    Just love being outside, not sure why. 765 AT miles done (2014-2018), many more to go.

I will be hiking the NY/CT/MA area starting the end of next week. My daily mileage will be anywhere from 2.5 miles to 20 per day. PM me if you are interested in jumping in to tandem hike a section. By that, I mean we might not hike together during the day due to different hiking speeds, but we might plan to stay in the same areas at night...

I'll be doing lot's of overnight trips in NY/NJ/CT/MA areas over the next few months so feel free to PM if you wanna plan something. I'm also female in my mid 20s

AT 2012

one of my favorites in CT is a loop trail -- so you don't need a shuttle... The AT used to be on the East of the Housatonic river on what is now called the Mohawk Trail. You can loop that with the AT, connecting at the Cornwall Bridge and again farther north. pm me for maps...
    Lazarus

Quote Originally Posted by 1azarus View Post
    one of my favorites in CT is a loop trail -- so you don't need a shuttle... The AT used to be on the East of the Housatonic river on what is now called the Mohawk Trail. You can loop that with the AT, connecting at the Cornwall Bridge and again farther north. pm me for maps...
    I agree! I have only done a short portion of this loop, from the Rt7/Rt4 Mowhawk Trail trailhead to the AT then north, but that view from the top of Breadloaf Mtn on the Mowhawk is the best I've seen anywhere in CT.
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

AT 2012

Mohawk Trail and AT loop Map.jpg
    ...I've combined a bunch of maps to show the Mohawk Trail Appalachian Trail loop... I've also posted it to Maprika, the phone ap, so that you can use it with GPS sync... if you want me to email the jpg file to you, let me know.
    Lazarus

++ New Posts ++