I am trying to decide between two Tarptents. I just got the Bowfin 1 for solo trips with my dog. I like the tent, but it will not work for what I need. It is too narrow inside for both of us. The Bowfin 2 is starting to tip over into too heavy for solo trips. I liked the ability to set a tent up in the rain without the interior getting wet.

This has lead me to look at the Motrail and the Saddle 2. The first is technically a double wall but is one piece and has a front entry. It is a simplistic setup/breakdown.

The Saddle 2 is only 2" narrower than the Motrail and weighs about the same. However, the inner tent is separate. This allows two different types of inner tents (all mesh too and partial mesh top for colder/windier weather. It is also able to be used as just a tarp shelter or just the inner tent separately. It has two side entrances. The setup looks more complicated though.
Either tent would be big enough for my dog and I or trips for my boyfriend and I without the dog (like a possible AT section hike next year).

I'm leaning towards the Saddle2 for the side doors/ 2 vestibules. Is there something I'm not considering that would make the choice obvious?
Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk