WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Lightheart Solong6 Camo and Klymit Realtree Xtra Camo

For sale
    350 shipped.
    I invested 442 for a Lightheart Solong6 in Woodland Camo tent, used four times. Bought new February 14. I bought every option for it. Includes the 8 titanium stakes needed and the footprint too.

This tent is made by Judy Gross who hiked the AT until injury forced her off so she knows what hikers are looking for. IMHO she makes the best professional, meaning long distance hiking, like the AT, tent that you can buy. This is an ultralight at 2lb. It uses your trekking poles to erect it so no extra metal poles are needed. Sleeps one or a couple in a pinch.

For Sale:
    Klymit Static V insulated, to 4.4 Realtree Xtra camo. Best you can buy.

I can't sleep on the ground due to health reasons. I'm 61 and even sleeping on two top- of -the- line air mattresse, one on top of the other including my Klymit and my Thermarest Z seat it was killing my hip joints. I had to leave Linville Gorge in the Smokies a day early because I couldn't put up with the pain. Too much fun in the Army I guess.

* I have since bought a Warbonnet Blackbird hammock and Superfly tarp, underquilt, underquilt protector, winter sock, etc. I can send the invoices for the hammock gear as proof of what I'm saying. That and I posted on linvillegorge.net and hammockforums.com about my condition. My trail name on both is Macdiver. Someone loaded me a hammock a couple days later for another "hang" and I slept like a baby. Do a search on those sites and youll see. I did the gorge first, left there and drove to Falls Lake for the Smokey Butt Hang at Falls Lake near Raleigh/Durham (several folks smoked pork butts). That is where some folks loaned me a hammock, tarp and underquilt.

Note the length of the tent, 100 inches = 8.3 Feet. Plenty of room to pile your gear at the foot and your head isn't even close to the other end of the tent. Huge consideration. I hate it when you're so close to the end of the tent that you are only inches from the wall. Not on this one! It is 55" at the center and tapers to 30" at the ends so plenty wide and roomy on the sides for gear and at the foot.
    You don't want a two piece tent it'll be soaked before you get the top on screwing around with support poles.

Below is a review of the tent by "Seven". It's his second Solong6 tent after 15 months on the trail. He's been hiking 9 years and over 11,000 miles and it's the only tent he'll use. The PVC piece stays mounted inside the tent held by Velcro so you don't have to fiddle with it each time. He is showing you the thing so you'll see how it's made. It has Eight inches of bathtub wall that are supported at the corners by compsite vertical stays that you adjust upright while installing the corner stakes. Very nice and quick.

*https://youtu.be/4KUN332qWBY

The* mattress is top of the line insulated to 4.4 Klymit Static V Realtree Xtra Camo. The online costs are in the links below. I will take 90 for it. It has never leaked. Patch kit included.

I do my research and don't buy junk stuff. My pack is a Zpacks Arc Haul Zip with the LP Series Packnet that makes for what most packs use as netting. It unzips from either side to access your gear. I use a long poncho. Covers my pack too.
    I am preparing to thru hike the Appalachian Trail in Apr on a flip flop from Harper's Ferry NOBO to Maine then HP to GA. The AT conservatory recommends it. There is a festival at HP in Apr to kick it off. Wanna go?
    *https://www.klymit.com/insulated-sta...xtra-camo.html
    *https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01KH...ApL&ref=plSrch
    *http://m.ebay.com/itm/Klymit-Insulat...%257Ciid%253A1 in

BUMP for price change
    the mattress has changed to $75 in addition to the price drop on the tent.

Bumping dvoer more looks.

ive never seen someone drop personal hiking credentials in a for-sale post before lol. thanks, i needed a laugh this morning. so much chest beating lol.

Answers often lie beyond the five human senses...

Hi Macdiver. Do you still have the Solong available? Is it full camo or is the floor a different color? I just want to confirm, is it a 2014 model? The 2018 model has increased corner stays from 8 inches to 10 inches according to their website. What kind of trekking poles did you use with it (I think the pvc piece is different based on the type of trekking pole used)? Does it come with the awning? Do you have any pics? What is the new selling price? I realize I have a lot of questions...thanks for taking the time to answer them.

I can't edit the OP so I asked an administrator to change the price to 350 and it is correct. I posted to lower the price of the mattress.
    The floor is dark grey like the purple one on clearance. I purchased it February of last year. Recall that I bought all options. Trekking poles are Black Diamond and the holder is made from regular PVC Pipe. 1/2. So standard. Even if you're poles are some irregular size mine can be used as a template to heat and bend 1" tube or whatever. Easy.
    All tents come with awnings on both sides. I got the carbon fiber pole for the main awning if that's what you are getting at. My tent looks exactly like the ones for 2018. Evidently, Linda has only changed the height of the side wall. I used it in a downpour and had no probs. Maybe 10" is the industry standard these days and she is keeping up. I have pics on https://m.facebook.com/groups/456129...13169948793748

If you can't find them I'll email them.
    Oh, another upgrade she is doing is adding 5 strips of seam sealer to the floor so your mattress don't slide. I haven't done that but it needs it.
    Just being upfront with everything so I keep a good reputation on this site.
    Let me know if you need anything else please.
    Thanks

++ New Posts ++