Default Rescuers robbed at gunpoint trying to aid distressed hiker

I may never get to thru hike but I'll never get through hiking.

Sad world we live in at times.

I'm just surprised that this hasn't turned into a gun thread yet.

Emt's shouldn't need to carry firearms to protect themselves - they usually have enough to carry. Robbing emt's (any first responder) should be a few degrees harsher than if they were average citizens; like felony over misdemeanor.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

It's odd that the bandits took the EMS's radios. Maybe they figured they could use the radios to monitor the border patrol com and stay a step ahead of them.

No need to discus the wisdom of hiking in 110 degree desert heat.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Keep saying thru-hiking is much more than just hiking. Brandenburg has one heck of a PCT journal to write.

It's California San Bernandino Socal in the desert with lots of strange whacked out poeople snd stuFF going on. Lot of meth. What did you expect?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    It's odd that the bandits took the EMS's radios. Maybe they figured they could use the radios to monitor the border patrol com and stay a step ahead of them.

No need to discus the wisdom of hiking in 110 degree desert heat.
    This was only about 650 miles from the border, high doubtful.
    enemy of unnecessary but innovative trail invention gadgetry

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malto View Post
    This was only about 650 miles from the border, high doubtful.
    Maybe they thought they could monitor the local police, rather than the border patrol. Or maybe they took the radios to keep the EMS people from notifying anyone of the robbery while they made their getaway.

Uhh, Tehachipi being considered close to the border is like saying Jacksonville FL or Savannah GA is close to Cuba.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    Uhh, Tehachipi being considered close to the border is like saying Jacksonville FL or Savannah GA is close to Cuba.
    Isn't that basically what Malto said.

I was being his geographical confirming wing man.

Journalists forgot the who, what, when, where in the 1940s.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Miles to go before I sleep. R. Frost

33 posts were removed to clean up this thread.

The OP was just presenting a news story of interest. Whether you were the first person in that set of posts or the last, you junked up the OP's thread.
    If anyone thinks a thread is in the wrong forum, use the report post icon or notify a moderator directly through PM. Please indicate the subforum you believe the post belongs in.
    15. If a user believes a violation of WhiteBlaze Rules has occurred, they should advise a Moderator or Administrator by a Private Message (“PM”) with a link, if possible, to the post in question. If it is a post you want to refer to them please click on the report post icon in the post in question.
    If you think a poster shouldn't have made that observation don't contribute further to the thread hijack.
    5. Do not post inflammatory messages, spam, “off topic” posts, or hijack topics.
    Once the thread has been moved there is no need for further comment. If you think it still is in the wrong spot, see #15 above while keeping in mind the following.
    3. Topics that have been closed, deleted, or moved by an Administrator or Moderator have been done for a reason. Users will not open new threads on the same subject or continue to make posts about subjects that have had these actions taken. Failing to comply with this policy can result in being placed into moderated status.
    The General Forum is under the broad category Appalachian Trail Forums. If you go the the forum tab under the Whiteblaze.Net logo at the top of the page you can see how the subforums are categorized. Because WB.net was originally created for the AT, we have a lot of subforums that are AT specific. Those forums are not duplicated under the other Long Trails. We may from time to time categorize PCT related threads into the AT forums if the PCT angle is peripheral. In a narrow sense this thread is probably better suited for the PCT subforum as the robbers are unlikely to rob you on the AT but could fall under a broader discussion of crimes occurring on hiking trails.

We also have the Non-AT General category. That is for material that really doesn't fit into hiking in general.

That's all for now regarding thread categorization. I return you to this despicable act of robbing first responders. I suspect maybe some kind of localized illegal activity that the robbers wanted to slow detection for.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

++ New Posts ++