I bought this light from Amazon for $8, based on the low price, USB charging, and claimed weight of 50 grams. According to my scale it's actually 53 grams, or 67 grams if you need to bring along the included USB-to-µUSB cable. I was inspired by this thread, where it was pointed out that it's hard to gauge the height of things on the ground when the light source is basically where your eyes are; the shadows aren't offset to give you a good idea of depth. So I was looking for a light that would attach to my pack belt and provide illumination from a different place than my headlamp. With all the add-ons included in the package (see 3rd picture below) I was hopeful that this light would do the trick. As it happens I don't need any of that extra weight; the springy white plastic base plate has a clip to go over the headlamp strap, and it works OK on my Granite Gear Crown 2 belt if I move the buckle all the way to one side rather than centered.

Peak light is 220 lumens, so with my headlamp at 100 lumens I've got enough light for even adverse night hiking conditions. They don't list the lower light limit, but based on 4 hours estimated light per charge at peak and 12 hours at low it's probably about 70 lumens. There's a red light as well. There's even an IR motion sensor, so you could set this light outside your tent to turn on if something warm came close at night.

Downsides:
  • There's no "safety" option to keep the light from turning on in your pack. A rubber band wrapped around the light and white plastic base plate makes it more likely that shifting gear would hit the rubber band than one of the two switches.
  • You have to cycle through the 5 options (steady red, strobing red, low white, bright white, off). It's good that you start out with the best choice to avoid disturbing folks at night. Best to place your hand over the light source if you then want to switch off.

Pictures:
TO1.jpgTO1-USB.jpgTO1-5X.jpg